The MIT solution to small-space living
One way to increase density in our cities is to make living units smaller. But this can present problems when you have to fit bathroom, kitchen, sleeping, and living areas in a small space. But a group at MIT has come up with an innovative solution:
The CityHome puts sleeping, bathing, cooking, and living facilities all in one cube that you use gestures to operate. The set up allows you to condense all these in one compact area, freeing up precious floor space in a small apartment.
- 2.5 minutes of extra walking is not nothing
- I can take the bus from my neighborhood to just about anywhere in DC
- Sidewalk snow shoveling hall of shame: "DC government is the worst offender" (and Arlington too)
- DC like Amsterdam? We can only hope
- Media reports downplay the dangers of driving while sensationalizing everything else
- Shovel your sidewalks!
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 40