We're going to the beach!
Washington slows down in August. A lot of people take vacations. Legislatures generally don't meet. Local boards don't have hearings. Government agencies avoid scheduling public meetings or proposing plans. Therefore, Greater Greater Washington is going to take it easy for the month of August.
Bike on the beach image from Shutterstock.
We'll still do Breakfast Links so you can discuss the news of the day. And we'll have a few posts, but fewer on most days. Because Greater Greater Washington runs on a volunteer corps of contributors and editors, we'll probably have 1-2 posts besides links as opposed to our usual 3-5.
If something is going on in your community, please continue to consider sending us a post! If you're interested in writing, check out our contributor guidelines and get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a great summer!
- Metro doesn't have four tracks. That's not why maintenance is a problem.
- If Metro had been more like Southwest Airlines, it'd have saved a lot of headaches
- For Arlington County Board: Erik Gutshall
- 10 big ideas for making Arlington even more bike-friendly
- Montgomery County will build bus rapid transit in four years
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 84
- To make streets walkable, empower pedestrians to cross anywhere