We're going to the beach!
Washington slows down in August. A lot of people take vacations. Legislatures generally don't meet. Local boards don't have hearings. Government agencies avoid scheduling public meetings or proposing plans. Therefore, Greater Greater Washington is going to take it easy for the month of August.
Bike on the beach image from Shutterstock.
We'll still do Breakfast Links so you can discuss the news of the day. And we'll have a few posts, but fewer on most days. Because Greater Greater Washington runs on a volunteer corps of contributors and editors, we'll probably have 1-2 posts besides links as opposed to our usual 3-5.
If something is going on in your community, please continue to consider sending us a post! If you're interested in writing, check out our contributor guidelines and get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a great summer!
- The Dutch government is trolling DC over marijuana, bike lanes, and streetcars
- 2.5 minutes of extra walking is not nothing
- I can take the bus from my neighborhood to just about anywhere in DC
- How two families dealt with Metro problems and other transportation options in the snow
- Cities worldwide are building beautiful, landmark pedestrian and bicycle bridges. Could Georgetown be next?
- DC like Amsterdam? We can only hope
- Sidewalk snow shoveling hall of shame: "DC government is the worst offender" (and Arlington too)