We're going to the beach!
Washington slows down in August. A lot of people take vacations. Legislatures generally don't meet. Local boards don't have hearings. Government agencies avoid scheduling public meetings or proposing plans. Therefore, Greater Greater Washington is going to take it easy for the month of August.
Bike on the beach image from Shutterstock.
We'll still do Breakfast Links so you can discuss the news of the day. And we'll have a few posts, but fewer on most days. Because Greater Greater Washington runs on a volunteer corps of contributors and editors, we'll probably have 1-2 posts besides links as opposed to our usual 3-5.
If something is going on in your community, please continue to consider sending us a post! If you're interested in writing, check out our contributor guidelines and get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a great summer!
- Hey look, that flawed Texas A&M traffic study is back and grabbing the usual headlines
- Copenhagen proves bikes can work in the suburbs
- The Silver Spring Transit Center will open soon. Here's how everything fits together.
- A protected bikeway will soon come to C Street NE
- A Metro employee erroneously deleted a warning about track problems before the recent derailment
- The Silver Line has been bringing Metro’s performance numbers down
- The lion's share of DC's new housing is only going in one part of the city