We're going to the beach!
Washington slows down in August. A lot of people take vacations. Legislatures generally don't meet. Local boards don't have hearings. Government agencies avoid scheduling public meetings or proposing plans. Therefore, Greater Greater Washington is going to take it easy for the month of August.
Bike on the beach image from Shutterstock.
We'll still do Breakfast Links so you can discuss the news of the day. And we'll have a few posts, but fewer on most days. Because Greater Greater Washington runs on a volunteer corps of contributors and editors, we'll probably have 1-2 posts besides links as opposed to our usual 3-5.
If something is going on in your community, please continue to consider sending us a post! If you're interested in writing, check out our contributor guidelines and get in touch at email@example.com. Have a great summer!
- I'm an employer, and I support DC's family leave bill
- Five bus lines everyone in DC should know, love, and use
- Capital Bikeshare will add 99 DC stations over 3 years. Your neighborhood will probably benefit.
- Apartments on Pennsylvania Avenue? The FBI building's replacement may be more than offices
- Dear leaders, please get Metro on the right course
- This building is way too short
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 70