We're going to the beach!
Washington slows down in August. A lot of people take vacations. Legislatures generally don't meet. Local boards don't have hearings. Government agencies avoid scheduling public meetings or proposing plans. Therefore, Greater Greater Washington is going to take it easy for the month of August.
Bike on the beach image from Shutterstock.
We'll still do Breakfast Links so you can discuss the news of the day. And we'll have a few posts, but fewer on most days. Because Greater Greater Washington runs on a volunteer corps of contributors and editors, we'll probably have 1-2 posts besides links as opposed to our usual 3-5.
If something is going on in your community, please continue to consider sending us a post! If you're interested in writing, check out our contributor guidelines and get in touch at email@example.com. Have a great summer!
- This may be DC's most ridiculous missing crosswalk
- Trump claims to want to save our cities, but his and his party's policies would do the opposite
- Is a gondola across the Potomac realistic? We're about to find out.
- Is Tim Kaine a good pick for urbanism? Here's what our writers think.
- Not everyone agrees on where DC's Chinatown is
- We asked and you answered. Here's a summary of the 1,380 ideas you submitted to MetroGreater.
- The peculiar fight over density at the Bethesda Metro