We're going to the beach!
Washington slows down in August. A lot of people take vacations. Legislatures generally don't meet. Local boards don't have hearings. Government agencies avoid scheduling public meetings or proposing plans. Therefore, Greater Greater Washington is going to take it easy for the month of August.
Bike on the beach image from Shutterstock.
We'll still do Breakfast Links so you can discuss the news of the day. And we'll have a few posts, but fewer on most days. Because Greater Greater Washington runs on a volunteer corps of contributors and editors, we'll probably have 1-2 posts besides links as opposed to our usual 3-5.
If something is going on in your community, please continue to consider sending us a post! If you're interested in writing, check out our contributor guidelines and get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a great summer!
- Car-free housing could come to historic Blagden Alley
- The neighborhood where everybody "jaywalks"
- Bills in the Virginia General Assembly would hurt and help transit and cyclists
- What's the best way to protect a bikeway? How about a bikeshare station?
- Accounting for population, the world map looks totally different
- See the world's subways evolve as time goes by
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 36