The Potomac Yard transitway is looking good
Construction on Alexandria's Route 1 transitway is coming along, in anticipation of its August 24 opening. These pictures show the station at Route 1 and Custis Avenue.
While Alexandria's transitway is just about ready, the second phase of the same project, in Arlington, is still a grassy strip. But preliminary construction work started earlier this year, and Arlington will host an official groundbreaking on Friday, July 18, at 9 am.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Rosslyn's new mini Target fills an urban retail niche
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 71
- Digital billboards are a sign of Silver Spring's evolution
- I'm an employer, and I support DC's family leave bill
- Fairfax City will install its first bike lane
- The feds are taking over WMATA safety, which is unprecedented
- Public officials who communicate their plans, listen to feedback, and then fix errors aren't idiots