The Potomac Yard transitway is looking good
Construction on Alexandria's Route 1 transitway is coming along, in anticipation of its August 24 opening. These pictures show the station at Route 1 and Custis Avenue.
While Alexandria's transitway is just about ready, the second phase of the same project, in Arlington, is still a grassy strip. But preliminary construction work started earlier this year, and Arlington will host an official groundbreaking on Friday, July 18, at 9 am.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- 9 things people always say at zoning hearings, illustrated by cats
- Bad Metro reliability is driving riders away. WMATA has a few ideas to get them back.
- Montgomery will go ahead with BRT, but at what cost?
- The Northeast Corridor carries more rail passengers than anywhere else in the country. What could it look like in 2040?
- New York's subway has a great idea for Metro
- The National Zoo has clarified its safety concerns. Turns out you're the problem.
- WMATA's new general manager is listening before he even takes the reins