The Potomac Yard transitway is looking good
Construction on Alexandria's Route 1 transitway is coming along, in anticipation of its August 24 opening. These pictures show the station at Route 1 and Custis Avenue.
While Alexandria's transitway is just about ready, the second phase of the same project, in Arlington, is still a grassy strip. But preliminary construction work started earlier this year, and Arlington will host an official groundbreaking on Friday, July 18, at 9 am.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Metro's inefficient info displays worsen crowding
- This map shows which parts of the DC area are really "urban" and "suburban"
- What we hope to do on housing
- Prince George's County could move its government closer to more residents
- Help us rebrand and relaunch our website with a short survey
- Muriel Bowser predicts DC holds 800,000 people in 20 years. That requires a lot of new housing.
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 61