The Potomac Yard transitway is looking good
Construction on Alexandria's Route 1 transitway is coming along, in anticipation of its August 24 opening. These pictures show the station at Route 1 and Custis Avenue.
While Alexandria's transitway is just about ready, the second phase of the same project, in Arlington, is still a grassy strip. But preliminary construction work started earlier this year, and Arlington will host an official groundbreaking on Friday, July 18, at 9 am.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- The Baltimore Red Line does need a tunnel, despite its cost
- How big are Dulles and BWI airports? These maps give you an idea
- Metro floats cutting service for the Green, Yellow, Orange, and Silver Lines
- We can make our roads a lot more bike-friendly. Here's how
- Fears over parking are threatening a new bus service in Richmond
- "Convincing" and "enjoyable" "even with the wonkiness"
- Crowdsource safety problems on DC streets with this interactive Vision Zero map