Map: A half-mile walk to Metro
PlanItMetro made this cool map showing what's within a 1/2-mile walk from each Metro station. It's easy to see how the street network affects where you can walk.
As contributor Dan Reed points out, the walkshed is bigger in areas with a street grid and short blocks. On the other hand, barriers like highways, rail lines, and superblocks reduce the area you can walk to.
What patterns do you see?
Be sure to check out the full region map for stations outside the core.
- With Metro, "on time" doesn't mean what you think it means
- Consumers say they like trains. Why don't economists care?
- See the beginnings of the Purple Line in Silver Spring
- Alexandria has identified locations for its next 16 bikeshare stations
- There's history to behold on some of DC's manhole covers
- To bike without worrying about nearby cars, I'm happy on the MBT
- Transit to Wolf Trap will still run through West Falls Church