Map: A half-mile walk to Metro
PlanItMetro made this cool map showing what's within a 1/2-mile walk from each Metro station. It's easy to see how the street network affects where you can walk.
As contributor Dan Reed points out, the walkshed is bigger in areas with a street grid and short blocks. On the other hand, barriers like highways, rail lines, and superblocks reduce the area you can walk to.
What patterns do you see?
Be sure to check out the full region map for stations outside the core.
- We can make our roads a lot more bike-friendly. Here's how
- Hogan shifted transit money to roads. Here's what he'll build
- See the average income of Metrorail riders by line and station
- This area road is now a lot more bike-friendly
- How big are Dulles and BWI airports? These maps give you an idea
- The Baltimore Red Line does need a tunnel, despite its cost
- Fears over parking are threatening a new bus service in Richmond