Map: A half-mile walk to Metro
PlanItMetro made this cool map showing what's within a 1/2-mile walk from each Metro station. It's easy to see how the street network affects where you can walk.
As contributor Dan Reed points out, the walkshed is bigger in areas with a street grid and short blocks. On the other hand, barriers like highways, rail lines, and superblocks reduce the area you can walk to.
What patterns do you see?
Be sure to check out the full region map for stations outside the core.
- Hey look, that flawed Texas A&M traffic study is back and grabbing the usual headlines
- A protected bikeway will soon come to C Street NE
- The Silver Spring Transit Center will open soon. Here's how everything fits together.
- The lion's share of DC's new housing is only going in one part of the city
- The Silver Line has been bringing Metro’s performance numbers down
- Here are the answers to whichWMATA week 65
- Some are questioning whether all students should be on a college prep track