Then and Now: The Dunbar Hotel
Then (left): The Dunbar Hotel on 15th Street between U and V. Pictured here ca. 1950, it was originally completed in 1902 as the Portner Flats. The Portner family sold the apartment building in 1945, and it reopened as the Dunbar Hotel, Washington's leading elite black hotel. The Dunbar declined after the City's other hotels integrated, and the building was razed in 1974. Image from the Smithsonian Institution.
- The Metro plan has changed a lot since 1968
- Shepherd Park neighbors tell car2go users to stay out
- Did Rush Plus depress Blue Line ridership?
- Forget the Washington Monument; DC's tallest tower is actually in Ward 4
- Watch Metro grow from one short line in 1976 to the Silver Line today
- Montgomery and DC officials start talking about working together on transit
- Arlington's Court House parking lot will become a park