Streetcar rails arrive on Benning Road
Ralph took this picture of Benning Road, where streetcar rails are ready to go into the ground. The streetscape reconstruction will install rails, but no streetcar service will run there until DC resolves the question of what power source to use and designs areas for the streetcars to turn around as well as identifying and constructing a maintenance facility. Currently, federal law prohibits overhead wires, and alternative systems are expensive, unreliable, and/or untested.
- Metro policy for refunds after delays falls short, riders say
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Cyclists are special and do have their own rules
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money
- ICC losing bus service in classic bait and switch