Then and Now: Third Church
Then (left): The home occupied by Justice Horace Gray. Gray was on the Supreme Court from 1882 to 1902. This structure later became the location of a Christian Science Reading Room.
Now (right): The Brutalist Third Church of Christ, Scientist. The church was built in 1971. Since opening, the building has not been well suited for the church, which has experienced declining attendance at its services. It currently has received the green light for demolition.
- Montgomery County will build bus rapid transit in four years
- Orange, Silver, and Blue riders: Pain is coming in just a month. DOTs: Get moving on bus and HOV lanes now.
- DC's homeless shelter plan just got a makeover
- Building of the Week: Smithsonian American Art Museum and Kogod Courtyard
- DC has way more vacant properties than it thinks
- FiveThirtyEight said Metro catches fire 4 times per week. Fortunately, that's wrong.
- Join us in Edgewood for happy hour