Then and Now: Third Church
Then (left): The home occupied by Justice Horace Gray. Gray was on the Supreme Court from 1882 to 1902. This structure later became the location of a Christian Science Reading Room.
Now (right): The Brutalist Third Church of Christ, Scientist. The church was built in 1971. Since opening, the building has not been well suited for the church, which has experienced declining attendance at its services. It currently has received the green light for demolition.
- BREAKING: Arlington cancels the Columbia Pike streetcar
- Transit projects are stuck between people who want to spend less money and people who want to spend more
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- Is sidewalk cycling really dangerous, or just scary, like a roller coaster?
- DC will force property owners to shovel sidewalks, with higher fines for bigger and commercial buildings
- The pop-up debate in Lanier Heights pits "property rights" against "neighborhood character"
- DDOT director Brown stands up to opposition to mini-circles