Then and Now: Third Church
Then (left): The home occupied by Justice Horace Gray. Gray was on the Supreme Court from 1882 to 1902. This structure later became the location of a Christian Science Reading Room.
Now (right): The Brutalist Third Church of Christ, Scientist. The church was built in 1971. Since opening, the building has not been well suited for the church, which has experienced declining attendance at its services. It currently has received the green light for demolition.
- Vision Zero won't be easy
- For DC Council: Elissa Silverman and Robert White
- The Purple Line will likely beat ridership forecasts
- Ask GGW: How much pain will riders face while Metro replaces the Bethesda escalators?
- First flowerpots, and now, a cycletrack
- In Maryland and Virginia, vote to build transit
- Flowerpots create a safer pedestrian crossing from Gallaudet to Union Market