Then and Now: Third Church
Then (left): The home occupied by Justice Horace Gray. Gray was on the Supreme Court from 1882 to 1902. This structure later became the location of a Christian Science Reading Room.
Now (right): The Brutalist Third Church of Christ, Scientist. The church was built in 1971. Since opening, the building has not been well suited for the church, which has experienced declining attendance at its services. It currently has received the green light for demolition.
- Beyond Metro, there's no big idea for transit in DC anymore
- Maryland plans new station at BWI, and other projects to run more trains
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 52
- Incomes are rising in the District, but not for people born here
- To create safer bike routes, Alexandria can learn from other cities
- "Expressing" trains helps Metro recover from delays
- Hogan stalls on the Purple Line, calls it too expensive