Then and Now: Third Church
Then (left): The home occupied by Justice Horace Gray. Gray was on the Supreme Court from 1882 to 1902. This structure later became the location of a Christian Science Reading Room.
Now (right): The Brutalist Third Church of Christ, Scientist. The church was built in 1971. Since opening, the building has not been well suited for the church, which has experienced declining attendance at its services. It currently has received the green light for demolition.
- Metro's inefficient info displays worsen crowding
- This map shows which parts of the DC area are really "urban" and "suburban"
- Muriel Bowser predicts DC holds 800,000 people in 20 years. That requires a lot of new housing.
- What we hope to do on housing
- Neighborhood commission catches "height-itis" on a Dupont Circle church and condo project
- Finally, the stop signs residents pushed for... along with some startling news
- Big news! We're growing and doing more on housing