Then and Now: Third Church
Then (left): The home occupied by Justice Horace Gray. Gray was on the Supreme Court from 1882 to 1902. This structure later became the location of a Christian Science Reading Room.
Now (right): The Brutalist Third Church of Christ, Scientist. The church was built in 1971. Since opening, the building has not been well suited for the church, which has experienced declining attendance at its services. It currently has received the green light for demolition.
- Is a gondola across the Potomac realistic? We're about to find out.
- What's wrong with this map of DC's social services?
- Not everyone agrees on where DC's Chinatown is
- Trump claims to want to save our cities, but his and his party's policies would do the opposite
- In 1979, was your neighborhood "sound" or "distressed"?
- If Metrobus asked me to redesign its info brochures, I'd make them look like this
- Metro's goal is 20 trains per hour at Farragut North. Here's what it actually averaged in May, June, and July.