Then and Now: Third Church
Then (left): The home occupied by Justice Horace Gray. Gray was on the Supreme Court from 1882 to 1902. This structure later became the location of a Christian Science Reading Room.
Now (right): The Brutalist Third Church of Christ, Scientist. The church was built in 1971. Since opening, the building has not been well suited for the church, which has experienced declining attendance at its services. It currently has received the green light for demolition.
- Petworth residents complained drivers are speeding. DC says it's true, but "acceptable."
- Here's where a protected bikeway could go on the east side of downtown
- Chicago has examples of a cheap way to bring rail transit to more people: infill stations
- Metro wants to connect Farragut North and West with a tunnel
- NTSB recommends the federal government take over safety oversight of Metro
- Prince George's zombie subdivisions need to die
- A dedicated bus lane and 30 other ways to improve bus service on 16th Street