Then and Now: Third Church
Then (left): The home occupied by Justice Horace Gray. Gray was on the Supreme Court from 1882 to 1902. This structure later became the location of a Christian Science Reading Room.
Now (right): The Brutalist Third Church of Christ, Scientist. The church was built in 1971. Since opening, the building has not been well suited for the church, which has experienced declining attendance at its services. It currently has received the green light for demolition.
- WMATA is considering scrapping the Metroway BRT
- Here's why it'd be wrong to shut down Metro east of the Anacostia River
- Is our next president going to care about transit and street safety?
- Metro is proposing service cuts, again. Will riders ever see the benefits?
- Metro's plan for late-night bus service isn't much of a plan
- Marriott is moving its headquarters to downtown Bethesda so it can be in a denser place that's closer to transit
- Without more information, riders shouldn't accept Metro late night cuts