Then and Now: Third Church
Then (left): The home occupied by Justice Horace Gray. Gray was on the Supreme Court from 1882 to 1902. This structure later became the location of a Christian Science Reading Room.
Now (right): The Brutalist Third Church of Christ, Scientist. The church was built in 1971. Since opening, the building has not been well suited for the church, which has experienced declining attendance at its services. It currently has received the green light for demolition.
- Terrorism fear takes over security at the Library of Congress
- The Dutch government is trolling DC over marijuana, bike lanes, and streetcars
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 41
- 33% of Metro rail trips stay within one city or county. Where are they?
- How two families dealt with Metro problems and other transportation options in the snow
- In Chicago, you can charter your own L train
- Cities worldwide are building beautiful, landmark pedestrian and bicycle bridges. Could Georgetown be next?