Then and Now: Third Church
Then (left): The home occupied by Justice Horace Gray. Gray was on the Supreme Court from 1882 to 1902. This structure later became the location of a Christian Science Reading Room.
Now (right): The Brutalist Third Church of Christ, Scientist. The church was built in 1971. Since opening, the building has not been well suited for the church, which has experienced declining attendance at its services. It currently has received the green light for demolition.
- Zoning: The hidden trillion dollar tax
- 8 ways to make it easier to walk around North Bethesda... or anywhere, really
- Pedestrian tunnels would not make DC's streets better for walking
- As DC has grown, so has its racial prosperity gap
- Why can't Metro label escalators "walk left, stand right" or label where doors will stop on the platform?
- When the Metro first arrived in Shaw and Columbia Heights, they were far different than they are today
- This graph shows which parts of our region are walkable, affordable, and equitable