Then and Now: Third Church
Then (left): The home occupied by Justice Horace Gray. Gray was on the Supreme Court from 1882 to 1902. This structure later became the location of a Christian Science Reading Room.
Now (right): The Brutalist Third Church of Christ, Scientist. The church was built in 1971. Since opening, the building has not been well suited for the church, which has experienced declining attendance at its services. It currently has received the green light for demolition.
- It wouldn't cost much to make this Prince George's road safer for everyone
- Tax benefit changes and better options are hurting transit ridership
- A bikeable suburban highway? One Ohio town pulled it off
- Cities Skylines takes over SimCity's mantle as top city-builder
- Northern Virginia has $350 million to spend on transportation. Here's what officials want to build
- Backward and forward in the Flickr pool
- WMATA needs to do better, says DC transportation head