Oberstar to release transportation outline on Wednesday
Jim Oberstar (D-MN), chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, will release a "white paper" on his plans for the upcoming federal reauthorization bill in a press conference on Wednesday.
It's important to note that the paper will serve as an outline
Here's how Oberstar's office put it in an official release:
The authorization bill is currently being drafted and will replace the current authorization, SAFETEA-LU, which is due to expire on September 30. Oberstar has promised that the new authorization will transform the way the federal government invests highway, safety, and transit funds.
Cross-posted from Streetsblog.
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- Metro policy for refunds after delays falls short, riders say
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- Cyclists are special and do have their own rules
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money