Then and Now: Arcade Market / DC USA
Then (left): Photographed ca. 1920, the Arcade Market at 14th Street and Park Road opened for business on December 12, 1910. It was scheduled to be razed in 1948.
Now (right): The northern half of the $150 million DC USA complex, which opened in March, 2008, is now on the site.
- Maryland's rural economy depends on its urban and suburban areas
- Out: "cycletrack." In: "protected bikeway."
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 33
- Farragut Square's virtual tunnel saves Metro riders time and eases crowding. Should downtown get another one?
- Metro's flooded stations, in pictures
- Amsterdam plays Spot the Christmas Streetcar
- Violence against our neighbors is an urbanist issue