Dupont Circle, 1887
The 1887 Report of the Chief of Engineers, U. S. Army includes this plan of the Dupont Circle park:
It matches up well with this view of Dupont Circle from a period postcard:
Finally, here is a list of the types of trees and shrubs that were in the park in 1887.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- Metro policy for refunds after delays falls short, riders say
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future
- Prince George's County struggles to get trails right
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger