Red Line suspended part of Thursday and most of Saturday
Tomorrow (Thursday) and Saturday, Metro will suspend Red Line service between Fort Totten and Silver Spring, splitting the red line into two segments and closing the Takoma station. The NTSB needs to close the line as part of its crash investigation.
Service will be interrupted on Thursday from 10am to 3pm, and on Saturday from 7am to 7pm.
While Metro will provide shuttle bus service between the Silver Spring, Takoma and Fort Totten stations, you may find it easier to use one of the maps on the "12-minute" bus map posted earlier. For example, the 70s routes travel between Silver Spring and Gallery Place along 7th Street and Georgia Avenue.
- Latest Metro map drafts add Anacostia parks and other tweaks
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Parklets give every block a little park