Farragut Square, 1886
The basic plan of Farragut Square (left) has been stable over the years. The only real changes that have occurred have been in lighting and foliage. The image at right, from the first quarter of the 20th century, shows the style of the gas lamps that once graced the park.
- The Washington region is the world's 77th largest urban area
- Montgomery backtracks on a sprawl-inducing highway
- A trade pact might change local land use decisions in a big way
- The Silver Line might change how you bus to Wolf Trap
- Map: When and where Metrorail fares come from
- Topic of the week: Suburban retrofits in our region
- Why did the pedestrian bridge collapse affect Metro so far away from Greenbelt?