Tregoning, NBM show off Columbia Heights
The National Building Museum is creating a series of videos about DC's "Great Green Places," which combine transit, good streetcapes, parks, and a sense of community to create a welcoming and sustainable place to live. In the latest video, Office of Planning head Harriet Tregoning gives a tour of Columbia Heights, where historic row houses coexist with new condos and lively retail.
- Baltimore's car-stuffed waterfront is poised to keep adding more cars
- How well do you know Metro? Can you guess the station?
- Top 6 reasons a parking garage near 14th and U is a bad idea
- Three ways to build in Forest Glen without creating more traffic
- Curb-protected cycletracks are now appearing in DC
- The Park Service wants to fix a dangerous spot near Roosevelt Island
- Tennessee's BRT feud shows even modest projects face opposition