Tregoning, NBM show off Columbia Heights
The National Building Museum is creating a series of videos about DC's "Great Green Places," which combine transit, good streetcapes, parks, and a sense of community to create a welcoming and sustainable place to live. In the latest video, Office of Planning head Harriet Tregoning gives a tour of Columbia Heights, where historic row houses coexist with new condos and lively retail.
- Rent in our region is expensive. Does that mean it's unaffordable?
- In San Diego, an example of how "within walking distance" does not always mean "walkable"
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 91
- The Obama administration says zoning is at the heart of some huge economic problems
- This square in Philadelphia is everything DC's Franklin Square could be
- How Barcelona gets bicycling right
- On Thursday, the WMATA board heard about why Metro keeps catching on fire. Then on Friday, Metro caught on fire.