Tregoning, NBM show off Columbia Heights
The National Building Museum is creating a series of videos about DC's "Great Green Places," which combine transit, good streetcapes, parks, and a sense of community to create a welcoming and sustainable place to live. In the latest video, Office of Planning head Harriet Tregoning gives a tour of Columbia Heights, where historic row houses coexist with new condos and lively retail.
- Consumers say they like trains. Why don't economists care?
- Alexandria has identified locations for its next 16 bikeshare stations
- To bike without worrying about nearby cars, I'm happy on the MBT
- Transit to Wolf Trap will still run through West Falls Church
- There's history to behold on some of DC's manhole covers
- Walkability by Metro line, graphed
- Smarter growth will expand Prince George's tax base