Tregoning, NBM show off Columbia Heights
The National Building Museum is creating a series of videos about DC's "Great Green Places," which combine transit, good streetcapes, parks, and a sense of community to create a welcoming and sustainable place to live. In the latest video, Office of Planning head Harriet Tregoning gives a tour of Columbia Heights, where historic row houses coexist with new condos and lively retail.
- Hogan will build the Purple Line, not the Red Line
- By 2019 it will have taken 34 years to build the Silver Line
- The five most frustrating things about Metro's problems
- Residents push for stop signs, not a wider road, at one Petworth intersection
- Can a park bridging the Anacostia bring investment without displacing residents?
- MARC fares may go up more than they have to
- Silver Spring is a more complete place thanks to its new library