Tregoning, NBM show off Columbia Heights
The National Building Museum is creating a series of videos about DC's "Great Green Places," which combine transit, good streetcapes, parks, and a sense of community to create a welcoming and sustainable place to live. In the latest video, Office of Planning head Harriet Tregoning gives a tour of Columbia Heights, where historic row houses coexist with new condos and lively retail.
- New info about who rides a bike in DC will let us make the city even greater for cyclists
- Farragut Square's virtual tunnel saves Metro riders time and eases crowding. Should downtown get another one?
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 33
- Maryland's rural economy depends on its urban and suburban areas
- Out: "cycletrack." In: "protected bikeway."
- Amsterdam plays Spot the Christmas Streetcar
- Metro's flooded stations, in pictures