Tregoning, NBM show off Columbia Heights
The National Building Museum is creating a series of videos about DC's "Great Green Places," which combine transit, good streetcapes, parks, and a sense of community to create a welcoming and sustainable place to live. In the latest video, Office of Planning head Harriet Tregoning gives a tour of Columbia Heights, where historic row houses coexist with new condos and lively retail.
- Make space for bikes on the GW Parkway
- Going Dutch: Planners from the Netherlands make suggestions for bike lanes in DC
- Montgomery County isn't really waging war against suburbia
- Careful jaywalking saves lives
- Metro's track work schedule dug the system into a hole
- Chick-fil-A's proposed Van Ness drive-thru is denied
- What will become of D Street once the FBI moves?