Tregoning, NBM show off Columbia Heights
The National Building Museum is creating a series of videos about DC's "Great Green Places," which combine transit, good streetcapes, parks, and a sense of community to create a welcoming and sustainable place to live. In the latest video, Office of Planning head Harriet Tregoning gives a tour of Columbia Heights, where historic row houses coexist with new condos and lively retail.
- Petworth residents complained drivers are speeding. DC says it's true, but "acceptable."
- Here's where a protected bikeway could go on the east side of downtown
- Chicago has examples of a cheap way to bring rail transit to more people: infill stations
- Metro wants to connect Farragut North and West with a tunnel
- NTSB recommends the federal government take over safety oversight of Metro
- Prince George's zombie subdivisions need to die
- The controversy over affordable housing on Florida Avenue, explained