Tregoning, NBM show off Columbia Heights
The National Building Museum is creating a series of videos about DC's "Great Green Places," which combine transit, good streetcapes, parks, and a sense of community to create a welcoming and sustainable place to live. In the latest video, Office of Planning head Harriet Tregoning gives a tour of Columbia Heights, where historic row houses coexist with new condos and lively retail.
- Accounting for population, the world map looks totally different
- Bus stops around DC are getting real-time arrival displays
- BREAKING: Hogan gives the Purple and Baltimore Red lines a momentary reprieve
- Car-free housing could come to historic Blagden Alley
- Mercedes imagines passengers in driverless cars never interacting with the world outside
- Ask GGW: Is there any reason not to have a sidewalk?
- Events roundup: Changes are coming