Tregoning, NBM show off Columbia Heights
The National Building Museum is creating a series of videos about DC's "Great Green Places," which combine transit, good streetcapes, parks, and a sense of community to create a welcoming and sustainable place to live. In the latest video, Office of Planning head Harriet Tregoning gives a tour of Columbia Heights, where historic row houses coexist with new condos and lively retail.
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- Transit projects are stuck between people who want to spend less money and people who want to spend more
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 30
- "Road Code" bill will make Montgomery County's urban streets more ped and bike friendly
- To a pedestrian, a road's a tiny space with danger just beside
- WABA says an Arlington Boulevard trail is a good bet
- Montgomery throws more money at unneeded parking