Tregoning, NBM show off Columbia Heights
The National Building Museum is creating a series of videos about DC's "Great Green Places," which combine transit, good streetcapes, parks, and a sense of community to create a welcoming and sustainable place to live. In the latest video, Office of Planning head Harriet Tregoning gives a tour of Columbia Heights, where historic row houses coexist with new condos and lively retail.
- WMATA is considering scrapping the Metroway BRT
- Is our next president going to care about transit and street safety?
- Here's why it'd be wrong to shut down Metro east of the Anacostia River
- Metro's plan for late-night bus service isn't much of a plan
- Without more information, riders shouldn't accept Metro late night cuts
- Marriott is moving its headquarters to downtown Bethesda so it can be in a denser place that's closer to transit
- Metro is proposing service cuts, again. Will riders ever see the benefits?