Get a cheesesteak in the future
Yup, it's part of the Metro 2030 map showing a potential future separated Blue Line. Unfortunately, that line doesn't exist right now, nor do the streetcars that appear there, even if those are closer to reality. This restaurant is now showing all of its patrons how to get there using a public transportation system that doesn't exist (but ought to).
It's also the same map that MediaBistro also unintentionally used last year. Any ideas how people could be unintentionally ending up with this map? Different version of the 2030 map do show up as part of a Google image search for wmata map, for example, but so do many maps that accurately reflect current service.
- Many Silver Line riders have no way to safely reach their offices
- In White Oak, the region's east-west divide becomes an urban-suburban one
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 16
- The Silver Line's opening day, in 41 photos
- After a crash, a dangerous Four Corners intersection could become safer
- A greener Eastern Market plaza may be on the way
- How big of a "moat" would the FBI need if it stayed downtown?