Get a cheesesteak in the future
Yup, it's part of the Metro 2030 map showing a potential future separated Blue Line. Unfortunately, that line doesn't exist right now, nor do the streetcars that appear there, even if those are closer to reality. This restaurant is now showing all of its patrons how to get there using a public transportation system that doesn't exist (but ought to).
It's also the same map that MediaBistro also unintentionally used last year. Any ideas how people could be unintentionally ending up with this map? Different version of the 2030 map do show up as part of a Google image search for wmata map, for example, but so do many maps that accurately reflect current service.
- 15th Street cycletrack gets s*** on ... literally
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 25
- Hey, streetcar critics: Stop making perfect the enemy of good
- If Georgetown had a Metro station, it would be one of the system's busiest
- The region needs to hear the call to action on climate change
- How to sculpt a skyline: Arlington planners rethink Rosslyn
- DC will start saving a lot of money while offering better transit for persons with disabilities