Get a cheesesteak in the future
Yup, it's part of the Metro 2030 map showing a potential future separated Blue Line. Unfortunately, that line doesn't exist right now, nor do the streetcars that appear there, even if those are closer to reality. This restaurant is now showing all of its patrons how to get there using a public transportation system that doesn't exist (but ought to).
It's also the same map that MediaBistro also unintentionally used last year. Any ideas how people could be unintentionally ending up with this map? Different version of the 2030 map do show up as part of a Google image search for wmata map, for example, but so do many maps that accurately reflect current service.
- This building is way too short
- Five bus lines everyone in DC should know, love, and use
- DC Council chairman Phil Mendelson is blocking Mayor Bowser's zoning board nominee
- Capital Bikeshare will add 99 DC stations over 3 years. Your neighborhood will probably benefit.
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 70
- Chicago has examples of a cheap way to bring rail transit to more people: infill stations
- Here's where a protected bikeway could go on the east side of downtown