Get a cheesesteak in the future
Yup, it's part of the Metro 2030 map showing a potential future separated Blue Line. Unfortunately, that line doesn't exist right now, nor do the streetcars that appear there, even if those are closer to reality. This restaurant is now showing all of its patrons how to get there using a public transportation system that doesn't exist (but ought to).
It's also the same map that MediaBistro also unintentionally used last year. Any ideas how people could be unintentionally ending up with this map? Different version of the 2030 map do show up as part of a Google image search for wmata map, for example, but so do many maps that accurately reflect current service.
- Muriel Bowser promises to finish the DC streetcar from Georgetown to Ward 7
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 45
- It wouldn't cost much to make this Prince George's road safer for everyone
- Breakfast links: Never gonna give you up
- Think you know Metro's neighborhoods? This quiz might surprise you
- You don't need a car to run a successful small business
- Mayor Bowser announces new "Funiculator" initiative