Special exclusive report: Some cars run red lightsDear Adam Tuss and Mark Segraves,
This evening, walking home from the Metro, at one corner I saw three cars run a red light.One bus (a private bus, not a Metrobus) entered the intersection as the light was yellow, just clearing it as the light turned red. Then, two cars in a row made a right turn without stopping, despite a "No Turn On Red 7 AM - 7 PM" sign. After that, a third driver (whose car had DC plates) jammed on the accelerator from outside the intersection, after the light was already red, and gunned it through the intersection after a pedestrian had already started to cross on the far side, just to screech to a halt behind the bus which was waiting at the next corner a short distance away.
Please feel free to come stand on this corner and provide a live radio report about the cars going through the light.
- Community stories show the shift to a walkable lifestyle
- Young kids try to assault me while biking
- Focus transportation on downtown or neighborhoods?
- Metro bag searches aren't always optional
- Endless zoning update delay hurts homeowners
- DDOT agrees to repave 15th Street cycle track
- Where is downtown Prince George's County?