Lost Washington: Hamburgh Village House
The house at 412 20th Street, NW, was constructed ca. 1780. It was the only known 18th century building of its type in the District and was still largely intact in 1934 when the National Park Service prepared drawings of the structure. In 1935 it was razed, destroying the last remaining original building from Hamburgh Village. Today, the site of the home is public space south of the southwest corner of 20th and E Streets, NW.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- Metro policy for refunds after delays falls short, riders say
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future
- Prince George's County struggles to get trails right
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger