Aboveground transit ending at 1WMATA is announcing that they will be suspending aboveground Metrorail service and all Metrobus and MetroAccess service starting at 1 pm. Metrorail trains will run on the "snow map" routes, while some non-passenger trains will run along the aboveground routes to try to prevent snow buildup. Meanwhile, I'm off to shovel my front and back steps.
- Consumers say they like trains. Why don't economists care?
- Alexandria has identified locations for its next 16 bikeshare stations
- To bike without worrying about nearby cars, I'm happy on the MBT
- Transit to Wolf Trap will still run through West Falls Church
- There's history to behold on some of DC's manhole covers
- Smarter growth will expand Prince George's tax base
- Walkability by Metro line, graphed