Aboveground transit ending at 1WMATA is announcing that they will be suspending aboveground Metrorail service and all Metrobus and MetroAccess service starting at 1 pm. Metrorail trains will run on the "snow map" routes, while some non-passenger trains will run along the aboveground routes to try to prevent snow buildup. Meanwhile, I'm off to shovel my front and back steps.
- It's fine to not build parking at Tysons Metro stations
- Arlington considers using fees to reduce parking
- Sexist Metro ad asks "Can't we just talk about shoes?"
- Rural Virginia leads eastern US in cars per household
- Downtown & Georgia Avenue Walmarts open for business
- Are our sports spaces serving both genders?
- Good design, lots of parking at Wheaton's tallest building
Thu Dec 5
4:00 pm Long Bridge Public Meeting
4:30 pm David Alpert talk at Georgetown
6:00 pm Arlington DPHD
7:00 pm Transportation Techies Meetup
Mon Dec 9
5:30 pm Streetsblog Winter Happy Hour
6:00 pm moveDC TPAC meeting
Tue Dec 10
7:30 pm ACT meeting