Aboveground transit ending at 1WMATA is announcing that they will be suspending aboveground Metrorail service and all Metrobus and MetroAccess service starting at 1 pm. Metrorail trains will run on the "snow map" routes, while some non-passenger trains will run along the aboveground routes to try to prevent snow buildup. Meanwhile, I'm off to shovel my front and back steps.
- Is a gondola across the Potomac realistic? We're about to find out.
- What's wrong with this map of DC's social services?
- Not everyone agrees on where DC's Chinatown is
- If Metrobus asked me to redesign its info brochures, I'd make them look like this
- The peculiar fight over density at the Bethesda Metro
- In 1979, was your neighborhood "sound" or "distressed"?
- In praise of the stacked townhouse