BREAKING: Catoe resigns
WMATA General Manager John Catoe just announced that he will resign effective April 2nd.
Yesterday's blogger roundtable had been briefly canceled, and we were told Mr. Catoe was sick; he then recovered and the roundtable was back on. Metro public relations staff insist that they weren't making that up and in fact didn't know about his resignation. It's possible Catoe told his staff he was sick as he was making the decision (and feeling sick about it), or perhaps he really was sick.
- Not just a phase: Young Americans won’t start motoring like their parents
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- Sharrows tell drivers to share the road with cyclists, except when that road is a state highway
- After more crashes, DDOT pledges to remove Arkansas Avenue's rush hour lane
- Many Silver Line riders make a long trek from Metro's eastern branches
- Is Sheridan Station a sign of change east of the river, or more of the same?
- Architects try to spruce up NoMA's underpasses