BREAKING: Catoe resigns
WMATA General Manager John Catoe just announced that he will resign effective April 2nd.
Yesterday's blogger roundtable had been briefly canceled, and we were told Mr. Catoe was sick; he then recovered and the roundtable was back on. Metro public relations staff insist that they weren't making that up and in fact didn't know about his resignation. It's possible Catoe told his staff he was sick as he was making the decision (and feeling sick about it), or perhaps he really was sick.
- Metro floats cutting service for the Green, Yellow, Orange, and Silver Lines
- The five most frustrating things about Metro's problems
- By 2019 it will have taken 34 years to build the Silver Line
- Hogan will build the Purple Line, not the Red Line
- Residents push for stop signs, not a wider road, at one Petworth intersection
- Forest Glen residents and a state delegate want a MARC station in Forest Glen
- Can a park bridging the Anacostia bring investment without displacing residents?