BREAKING: Catoe resigns
WMATA General Manager John Catoe just announced that he will resign effective April 2nd.
Yesterday's blogger roundtable had been briefly canceled, and we were told Mr. Catoe was sick; he then recovered and the roundtable was back on. Metro public relations staff insist that they weren't making that up and in fact didn't know about his resignation. It's possible Catoe told his staff he was sick as he was making the decision (and feeling sick about it), or perhaps he really was sick.
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- Where will DC's next 200,000 residents go? The mayoral candidates weigh in
- Comparing Metrobus and Metrorail farebox recovery is apples and oranges
- Fun on Friday: Play the Mini Metro game
- Topic of the week: Walking in unexpected places
- Metro FAQ: Why does Metro run express trains in one direction during single-tracking?
- The Purple Line gets a boost from President Obama's budget
- A bus lane for 16th Street? Which mayoral candidates agree?