BREAKING: Catoe resigns
WMATA General Manager John Catoe just announced that he will resign effective April 2nd.
Yesterday's blogger roundtable had been briefly canceled, and we were told Mr. Catoe was sick; he then recovered and the roundtable was back on. Metro public relations staff insist that they weren't making that up and in fact didn't know about his resignation. It's possible Catoe told his staff he was sick as he was making the decision (and feeling sick about it), or perhaps he really was sick.
- The war on Dana Milbank's car
- Two maps that explain what DC might look like as a state
- David Catania's platform supports Metro, streetcars, bus lanes, bike lanes, transit-oriented development, and more
- Have you been "walkblocked"? Are you "zonely"? New terms sprout in the urbanist lexicon
- This German city's monorail redefines river transportation
- Gehry trims Eisenhower Memorial tapestries
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 23