BREAKING: Catoe resigns
WMATA General Manager John Catoe just announced that he will resign effective April 2nd.
Yesterday's blogger roundtable had been briefly canceled, and we were told Mr. Catoe was sick; he then recovered and the roundtable was back on. Metro public relations staff insist that they weren't making that up and in fact didn't know about his resignation. It's possible Catoe told his staff he was sick as he was making the decision (and feeling sick about it), or perhaps he really was sick.
- New info about who rides a bike in DC will let us make the city even greater for cyclists
- Maryland's rural economy depends on its urban and suburban areas
- Farragut Square's virtual tunnel saves Metro riders time and eases crowding. Should downtown get another one?
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 33
- Out: "cycletrack." In: "protected bikeway."
- Metro's flooded stations, in pictures
- Amsterdam plays Spot the Christmas Streetcar