BREAKING: Catoe resigns
WMATA General Manager John Catoe just announced that he will resign effective April 2nd.
Yesterday's blogger roundtable had been briefly canceled, and we were told Mr. Catoe was sick; he then recovered and the roundtable was back on. Metro public relations staff insist that they weren't making that up and in fact didn't know about his resignation. It's possible Catoe told his staff he was sick as he was making the decision (and feeling sick about it), or perhaps he really was sick.
- The Washington region is the world's 77th largest urban area
- Montgomery backtracks on a sprawl-inducing highway
- A trade pact might change local land use decisions in a big way
- The Silver Line might change how you bus to Wolf Trap
- Topic of the week: Suburban retrofits in our region
- Map: When and where Metrorail fares come from
- Why did the pedestrian bridge collapse affect Metro so far away from Greenbelt?