BREAKING: Catoe resigns
WMATA General Manager John Catoe just announced that he will resign effective April 2nd.
Yesterday's blogger roundtable had been briefly canceled, and we were told Mr. Catoe was sick; he then recovered and the roundtable was back on. Metro public relations staff insist that they weren't making that up and in fact didn't know about his resignation. It's possible Catoe told his staff he was sick as he was making the decision (and feeling sick about it), or perhaps he really was sick.
- For DC Mayor: Tommy Wells
- "Drive 'til you qualify" takes on an urban flair
- What's the point of supermarket gas rewards if you don't drive to the store?
- Design could make or break the 11th Street Bridge Park
- Metro railcar plays double duty as pedestrian bridge at National Airport
- Fun on Friday: Play the Mini Metro game
- Adding 15-minute Circulator routes would dilute the Circulator brand