Celebrate our 2nd birthday in Silver Spring on Feb. 16th
Greater Greater Washington launched in February of 2008, and on February 16th, we'll be celebrating the end of a successful second year.
Greater Greater Washington is a regional site, concerned as much with walkable communities and sustainable transportation in the suburbs as in downtown DC.
Montgomery County has been at the center of many urbanist debates in the last year, including White Flint, Gaithersburg West, the Purple Line, the Corridor Cities Transitway, BRT, affordable housing in Rockville, I-270 and the ICC, the Medical Center secret-or-not-secret underpass, the Silver Spring library skybridge, garage construction in Bethesda, and more.
Those are some of the reasons we'll be celebrating in Montgomery County, at McGinty's in downtown Silver Spring, just a few blocks from the Silver Spring Metro. (Google Maps shows the station in the wrong place;
it's You can exit in the direction north of the tracks, closer to that MARC symbol.)
- Latest Metro map drafts add Anacostia parks and other tweaks
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Parklets give every block a little park
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools