Party time in Silver Spring
Greater Greater Washington's second anniversary is just a few hours away! Head over to the upstairs bar at McGinty's, 911 Ellsworth Drive in Silver Spring, from 6:30-9:30 to meet fellow readers, commenters and contributors.
From the Silver Spring Metro, exit on the south side of Colesville Road. Walk up the hill and turn right on Wayne Avenue. Cut through the Discovery Building's plaza to Georgia Avenue, then cross Georgia to Ellsworth. The 70, 71, and 79 buses go right to Georgia and Wayne from DC, and there are also the F4/6, J5, Q2, Y5/7/8/9, and Z2/6/8/9/11/13/29 and numerous RideOn buses within a block or two.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Metro policy for refunds after delays falls short, riders say
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future