Breakfast links: Green and urban
(On page 1) Foxhall neighbors are opposing the extent of GW's planned Mount Vernon Campus expansion, saying it's "urbanizing a piece of my neighborhood."
(On page 1) A Brightwood church wants to expand onto its empty land and DC's preservation office okayed plans, but the National Park Service is now opposing the plan because it could block the view from Fort Stevens.
(On page 6) NPS is planning to rehabilitate McPherson Square, and the Logan Circle ANC would like benches with middle arms to prevent people from sleeping on them. However, NPS says CFA, NCPC, and preservation groups don't let them use anything but the design they've used since 1934.
- Why isn't College Park a better college town?
- A senseless skirmish in Toronto is a welcome reminder to share street space
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 61
- In Silver Spring, cutting travel lanes doesn't make traffic backups worse
- Denver's beautiful Union Station mixes old and new
- People walking and biking will get a new connection from L'Enfant Plaza to the waterfront
- Help us rebrand and relaunch our website with a short survey