Breakfast links: Green and urban
(On page 1) Foxhall neighbors are opposing the extent of GW's planned Mount Vernon Campus expansion, saying it's "urbanizing a piece of my neighborhood."
(On page 1) A Brightwood church wants to expand onto its empty land and DC's preservation office okayed plans, but the National Park Service is now opposing the plan because it could block the view from Fort Stevens.
(On page 6) NPS is planning to rehabilitate McPherson Square, and the Logan Circle ANC would like benches with middle arms to prevent people from sleeping on them. However, NPS says CFA, NCPC, and preservation groups don't let them use anything but the design they've used since 1934.
- No bike racks? Just park it in the car lane
- This federal building is missing a corner. Here's why
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 21
- Could traffic changes produce a new village square?
- The biggest bikeshare station in each US city
- Why build protected bike lanes, in one happy quote
- How did Silver Spring get its boundaries? And how would you define them?