Breakfast links: Green and urban
(On page 1) Foxhall neighbors are opposing the extent of GW's planned Mount Vernon Campus expansion, saying it's "urbanizing a piece of my neighborhood."
(On page 1) A Brightwood church wants to expand onto its empty land and DC's preservation office okayed plans, but the National Park Service is now opposing the plan because it could block the view from Fort Stevens.
(On page 6) NPS is planning to rehabilitate McPherson Square, and the Logan Circle ANC would like benches with middle arms to prevent people from sleeping on them. However, NPS says CFA, NCPC, and preservation groups don't let them use anything but the design they've used since 1934.
- It's fine to not build parking at Tysons Metro stations
- Metro maps out loop line between DC and Arlington
- Arlington considers using fees to reduce parking
- Sexist Metro ad asks "Can't we just talk about shoes?"
- Downtown & Georgia Avenue Walmarts open for business
- Rural Virginia leads eastern US in cars per household
- DC sports spaces give short shrift to girls