Breakfast links: Green and urban
(On page 1) Foxhall neighbors are opposing the extent of GW's planned Mount Vernon Campus expansion, saying it's "urbanizing a piece of my neighborhood."
(On page 1) A Brightwood church wants to expand onto its empty land and DC's preservation office okayed plans, but the National Park Service is now opposing the plan because it could block the view from Fort Stevens.
(On page 6) NPS is planning to rehabilitate McPherson Square, and the Logan Circle ANC would like benches with middle arms to prevent people from sleeping on them. However, NPS says CFA, NCPC, and preservation groups don't let them use anything but the design they've used since 1934.
- DC's housing affordability crisis, in 7 charts
- As Silver Spring urbanizes, neighbors disagree on who "belongs" there
- It's time we all became mode-positive
- An entrance at the Van Ness Metro station is about to close for three years
- There's plenty of room for safe bike lanes in College Park
- What's behind the budget cuts at Wilson High School
- Alexandria closes in on Potomac Yard Metro location