Flyer for a fair share for Metro
The Sierra Club is handing out flyers for FairShareForMetro.com tomorrow morning at four Metro stations. Come help!
The organizers will be at Vienna, Clarendon, Dupont Circle, and Gallery Place stations from 7:30-9:00 am.
The flyers will also remind riders about the public hearings coming up very soon: Monday in Vienna and Wednesday in SE DC. Lanham, Arlington, Rockville, and NW DC follow the week after.
Finally, I'll be on the Kojo Nnamdi show's "Politics Hour" on Friday at
1:00 pm noon, to talk about the WMATA budget and other transit issues, along with WMATA Board Chairman Peter Benjamin.
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- I-66 widening will happen soon whether it makes sense or not
- Modern Washingtonians have a mandate to remember black Georgetown
- Eckington is getting some much-needed retail
- How the Navy, baseball, and government planners made Capitol Riverfront one of DC's hottest neighborhoods
- More than 20% of people bicycle to work in some DC neighborhoods
- DC once had its own Arc de Triomphe
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 77