Join Tommy Wells for reelection kickoff Saturday
DC Councilmember Tommy Wells is officially launching his reelection bid this weekend.
The official kickoff is Friday at 6:30 pm in Eastern Market's North Hall. Saturday, Wells is having a smaller event for supporters at Sova, 1359 H Street NE, from 6-8 pm.
I unfortunately can't attend as I will be out of town, but you can join other advocates for livable, walkable communities including host committee members like Sierra Club's Ralph Garboushian, Smart Growth America's Neha Bhatt (formerly Wells' smart growth policy advisor), WABA's Eric Gilliland, and many more (all of whom are of course not officially representing those organizations which are 501(c)(3) nonprofits). The suggested contribution is $25.
Wells has been the strongest advocate for walkable neighborhoods, safe bicycling, performance parking, streetcars, and other key DC initiatives. We need to keep Wells on the Council and elect more like him to continue and expand DC's efforts to promote Smart Growth and livable and walkable communities all across DC.
- Cyclists are special and do have their own rules
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money
- Can Loudoun grow while protecting its rural areas?
- Silver Spring mall could get massive facelift, new name
- ICC losing bus service in classic bait and switch
- Suitland Parkway Trail is a mess. Will leaders seek change?