Tomorrow (Thursday) is a big day!
Among other things, the NW DC and WMATA budget hearings, the last two in the series, will take place at 7 pm with an open house at 6:30. Sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
They will probably be pretty full, so arrive early to get an early speaking slot. If they're like last time, they'll take speakers in the order they arrive, regardless of signup order.
Update: They'll be taking people in the order they sign up, so sign up ASAP. Online signups close at 2 pm; after that, you can still sign up in person, but will go after the people who signed up online.
At 11 am, Mayor Fenty will announce the DC FY2011 budget, and we'll find out whether it has room for added transit contributions or whether it sets the region on the edge of the "death spiral."
Finally, DDOT Director Gabe Klein will appear on the Kojo Nnamdi Show for a long segment at 12:06. (The first six minutes are the news.) Call in with your questions about WMATA funding, streetcars, bicycle lanes, bus priority, performance parking, pedestrian safety, snow, and more.
- 2.5 minutes of extra walking is not nothing
- The Dutch government is trolling DC over marijuana, bike lanes, and streetcars
- I can take the bus from my neighborhood to just about anywhere in DC
- How two families dealt with Metro problems and other transportation options in the snow
- Cities worldwide are building beautiful, landmark pedestrian and bicycle bridges. Could Georgetown be next?
- DC like Amsterdam? We can only hope
- Sidewalk snow shoveling hall of shame: "DC government is the worst offender" (and Arlington too)