Tomorrow (Thursday) is a big day!
Among other things, the NW DC and WMATA budget hearings, the last two in the series, will take place at 7 pm with an open house at 6:30. Sign up by emailing email@example.com.
They will probably be pretty full, so arrive early to get an early speaking slot. If they're like last time, they'll take speakers in the order they arrive, regardless of signup order.
Update: They'll be taking people in the order they sign up, so sign up ASAP. Online signups close at 2 pm; after that, you can still sign up in person, but will go after the people who signed up online.
At 11 am, Mayor Fenty will announce the DC FY2011 budget, and we'll find out whether it has room for added transit contributions or whether it sets the region on the edge of the "death spiral."
Finally, DDOT Director Gabe Klein will appear on the Kojo Nnamdi Show for a long segment at 12:06. (The first six minutes are the news.) Call in with your questions about WMATA funding, streetcars, bicycle lanes, bus priority, performance parking, pedestrian safety, snow, and more.
- No bike racks? Just park it in the car lane
- This federal building is missing a corner. Here's why
- How did Silver Spring get its boundaries? And how would you define them?
- Reassign students before improving school quality, not the other way around
- The biggest bikeshare station in each US city
- Why build protected bike lanes, in one happy quote
- Democrats grudgingly approve a transportation extension bill with a risky timeline