Tomorrow (Thursday) is a big day!
Among other things, the NW DC and WMATA budget hearings, the last two in the series, will take place at 7 pm with an open house at 6:30. Sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
They will probably be pretty full, so arrive early to get an early speaking slot. If they're like last time, they'll take speakers in the order they arrive, regardless of signup order.
Update: They'll be taking people in the order they sign up, so sign up ASAP. Online signups close at 2 pm; after that, you can still sign up in person, but will go after the people who signed up online.
At 11 am, Mayor Fenty will announce the DC FY2011 budget, and we'll find out whether it has room for added transit contributions or whether it sets the region on the edge of the "death spiral."
Finally, DDOT Director Gabe Klein will appear on the Kojo Nnamdi Show for a long segment at 12:06. (The first six minutes are the news.) Call in with your questions about WMATA funding, streetcars, bicycle lanes, bus priority, performance parking, pedestrian safety, snow, and more.
- Shepherd Park neighbors tell car2go users to stay out
- The Metro plan has changed a lot since 1968
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 15
- Montgomery and DC officials start talking about working together on transit
- Forget the Washington Monument; DC's tallest tower is actually in Ward 4
- A sunken gas station sculpture sends the wrong message about the Anacostia River
- See 32 years of DC bike lane growth in one animation