Tomorrow (Thursday) is a big day!
Among other things, the NW DC and WMATA budget hearings, the last two in the series, will take place at 7 pm with an open house at 6:30. Sign up by emailing email@example.com.
They will probably be pretty full, so arrive early to get an early speaking slot. If they're like last time, they'll take speakers in the order they arrive, regardless of signup order.
Update: They'll be taking people in the order they sign up, so sign up ASAP. Online signups close at 2 pm; after that, you can still sign up in person, but will go after the people who signed up online.
At 11 am, Mayor Fenty will announce the DC FY2011 budget, and we'll find out whether it has room for added transit contributions or whether it sets the region on the edge of the "death spiral."
Finally, DDOT Director Gabe Klein will appear on the Kojo Nnamdi Show for a long segment at 12:06. (The first six minutes are the news.) Call in with your questions about WMATA funding, streetcars, bicycle lanes, bus priority, performance parking, pedestrian safety, snow, and more.
- This may be DC's most ridiculous missing crosswalk
- Trump claims to want to save our cities, but his and his party's policies would do the opposite
- Is a gondola across the Potomac realistic? We're about to find out.
- Is Tim Kaine a good pick for urbanism? Here's what our writers think.
- Not everyone agrees on where DC's Chinatown is
- We asked and you answered. Here's a summary of the 1,380 ideas you submitted to MetroGreater.
- The peculiar fight over density at the Bethesda Metro