Then and Now: Homes near AFRH
This row of homes on Park Road east of Georgia Avenue has certainly seen some changes over the years. They were designed in 1908 by architect N. T. Haller for builder Percy H. Russell. When they were completed Georgia Avenue was still named Brightwood Avenue, Park Morton (now behind and next to the row) wouldn't be built for another 53 years, and the Soldiers' Home (now the Armed Forces Retirement Home) was still open to the public.
In fact, the Soldiers' Home was considered a major selling feature of these homes. The real estate ad offering these homes to the public stated that one of their many advantages was "one of the most beautiful parks in the world
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future