Riotous Then and Now: Seventh and N
The early part of this month marked the 42nd anniversary of the 1968 riots here in the city. As such, I think its only fitting to close the month out with an image taken on April 8, 1968, showing the aftermath of a section of Seventh Street. Many areas that were hard hit resulted in large tracts of empty land. Some of these tracts later became housing developments such as the southwest corner of Seventh and N Streets, NW.
- Beyond Metro, there's no big idea for transit in DC anymore
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 52
- Hogan stalls on the Purple Line, calls it too expensive
- "Expressing" trains helps Metro recover from delays
- To create safer bike routes, Alexandria can learn from other cities
- Ask GGW: What's the point of bike sharrows?
- US infrastructure spending, in four charts