Riotous Then and Now: Seventh and N
The early part of this month marked the 42nd anniversary of the 1968 riots here in the city. As such, I think its only fitting to close the month out with an image taken on April 8, 1968, showing the aftermath of a section of Seventh Street. Many areas that were hard hit resulted in large tracts of empty land. Some of these tracts later became housing developments such as the southwest corner of Seventh and N Streets, NW.
- Vision Zero won't be easy
- For DC Council: Elissa Silverman and Robert White
- In Maryland and Virginia, vote to build transit
- First flowerpots, and now, a cycletrack
- The Purple Line will likely beat ridership forecasts
- Ask GGW: How much pain will riders face while Metro replaces the Bethesda escalators?
- Flowerpots create a safer pedestrian crossing from Gallaudet to Union Market