Riotous Then and Now: Seventh and N
The early part of this month marked the 42nd anniversary of the 1968 riots here in the city. As such, I think its only fitting to close the month out with an image taken on April 8, 1968, showing the aftermath of a section of Seventh Street. Many areas that were hard hit resulted in large tracts of empty land. Some of these tracts later became housing developments such as the southwest corner of Seventh and N Streets, NW.
- Not just a phase: Young Americans won’t start motoring like their parents
- Many Silver Line riders make a long trek from Metro's eastern branches
- Sharrows tell drivers to share the road with cyclists, except when that road is a state highway
- Architects try to spruce up NoMA's underpasses
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- Intelsat building gets a greener, but not more urban front
- Where DC area bike fatalities happen, in one map... and what's the real "intersection of doom"