Riotous Then and Now: Seventh and N
The early part of this month marked the 42nd anniversary of the 1968 riots here in the city. As such, I think its only fitting to close the month out with an image taken on April 8, 1968, showing the aftermath of a section of Seventh Street. Many areas that were hard hit resulted in large tracts of empty land. Some of these tracts later became housing developments such as the southwest corner of Seventh and N Streets, NW.
- Montgomery County will build bus rapid transit in four years
- Orange, Silver, and Blue riders: Pain is coming in just a month. DOTs: Get moving on bus and HOV lanes now.
- Building of the Week: Smithsonian American Art Museum and Kogod Courtyard
- DC's homeless shelter plan just got a makeover
- FiveThirtyEight said Metro catches fire 4 times per week. Fortunately, that's wrong.
- DC has way more vacant properties than it thinks
- Join us in Edgewood for happy hour