Rush hour, with bicycles
Teo, Jeff Y., and Erik all sent along this video of "rush hour" at an intersection in Utrecht, Netherlands quite crowded with vehicles, but most of those are bicycles.
According to the video description, 33% of all trips in Utrecht happen by bicycle. This video shows a place where a bicycle road crosses a busway and light rail line.
Separated bicycle paths could eventually bring this level of bicycles to DC commuting. Teo notes that the Capital Crescent Trail does get very crowded during rush.
- Maryland's rural economy depends on its urban and suburban areas
- Out: "cycletrack." In: "protected bikeway."
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 33
- Farragut Square's virtual tunnel saves Metro riders time and eases crowding. Should downtown get another one?
- Metro's flooded stations, in pictures
- Violence against our neighbors is an urbanist issue
- Amsterdam plays Spot the Christmas Streetcar