Cannon almost stopped the Lincoln MemorialA fascinating story in the Washington Post Magazine explains how Illinois Congressman and Speaker of the House Joe Cannon (who has a House office building named in his honor) fought the establishment of the Lincoln Memorial on what was then a swamp along the banks of the Potomac, preferring a smaller memorial near Union Station; years later, he admitted he was glad he had lost that fight. Via Save the Mall.
- Make space for bikes on the GW Parkway
- Montgomery County isn't really waging war against suburbia
- Careful jaywalking saves lives
- Chick-fil-A's proposed Van Ness drive-thru is denied
- What will become of D Street once the FBI moves?
- Going Dutch: Planners from the Netherlands make suggestions for bike lanes in DC
- College Park is launching a bikeshare system!