Cannon almost stopped the Lincoln MemorialA fascinating story in the Washington Post Magazine explains how Illinois Congressman and Speaker of the House Joe Cannon (who has a House office building named in his honor) fought the establishment of the Lincoln Memorial on what was then a swamp along the banks of the Potomac, preferring a smaller memorial near Union Station; years later, he admitted he was glad he had lost that fight. Via Save the Mall.
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 30
- Transit projects are stuck between people who want to spend less money and people who want to spend more
- "Road Code" bill will make Montgomery County's urban streets more ped and bike friendly
- To a pedestrian, a road's a tiny space with danger just beside
- WABA says an Arlington Boulevard trail is a good bet
- Montgomery throws more money at unneeded parking