Cannon almost stopped the Lincoln MemorialA fascinating story in the Washington Post Magazine explains how Illinois Congressman and Speaker of the House Joe Cannon (who has a House office building named in his honor) fought the establishment of the Lincoln Memorial on what was then a swamp along the banks of the Potomac, preferring a smaller memorial near Union Station; years later, he admitted he was glad he had lost that fight. Via Save the Mall.
- Metro floats cutting service for the Green, Yellow, Orange, and Silver Lines
- The five most frustrating things about Metro's problems
- By 2019 it will have taken 34 years to build the Silver Line
- The Baltimore Red Line does need a tunnel, despite its cost
- Hogan will build the Purple Line, not the Red Line
- Forest Glen residents and a state delegate want a MARC station in Forest Glen
- Residents push for stop signs, not a wider road, at one Petworth intersection