Cannon almost stopped the Lincoln MemorialA fascinating story in the Washington Post Magazine explains how Illinois Congressman and Speaker of the House Joe Cannon (who has a House office building named in his honor) fought the establishment of the Lincoln Memorial on what was then a swamp along the banks of the Potomac, preferring a smaller memorial near Union Station; years later, he admitted he was glad he had lost that fight. Via Save the Mall.
- Metro's inefficient info displays worsen crowding
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 61
- This map shows which parts of the DC area are really "urban" and "suburban"
- What we hope to do on housing
- Prince George's County could move its government closer to more residents
- Help us rebrand and relaunch our website with a short survey
- Muriel Bowser predicts DC holds 800,000 people in 20 years. That requires a lot of new housing.