Weekend video: 4 kinds of transportation
DDOT has published a neat video showing a streetcar pulling into a possible future Anacostia Transit Center with streetcars, buses, Metro and mixed-use buildings.
Riders on a Copenhagen bus route plan a special surprise for their bus driver's birthday:
9 News Now reported on Bike to work Day and interviewed several cyclists including DC Bicycle Advisory Council Chair Meredith Begin:
It's a good report on the challenges and responsibilities cyclists face. Though the reporter did ride in the not-yet-open, going-to-be rethought Pennsylvania Avenue bike lanes (and praised them!)
And here's one way to enjoy Metro:
Thanks to Michael T, JTS, Meredith, and JNB for the tips.
- Cyclists are special and do have their own rules
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money
- ICC losing bus service in classic bait and switch
- Can Loudoun grow while protecting its rural areas?
- Silver Spring mall could get massive facelift, new name