Audio interview with Christopher LeinbergerLeinberger is the author of The Option of Urbanism: Investing In a New American Dream, which I'm currently reading. Leinberger explains how government policy has favored the creation of more sprawl (which he calls drivable sub-urbanism) over walkable urbanism. Rob Goodspeed has a good review of the book. In this podcast on Planetizen, Leinberger explains the key points in the book.
- Metro bag searches aren't always optional
- Young kids try to assault me while biking
- Focus transportation on downtown or neighborhoods?
- Redeveloping McMillan is the only way to save it
- Endless zoning update delay hurts homeowners
- DDOT agrees to repave 15th Street cycle track
- Vienna Metro town center won't have a town center