Floating in the Flickr pool
Here are a few of our favorites from the Greater and Lesser Washington Flickr pool this week.
Join the Flickr group and submit your own photos! Photos will ideally depict either great or not-so-great features of a part of the Washington, DC region, showing people, roads, parks, stores or buildings as beautiful and lively places filled with people, or unsightly or desolate places that could be greater.
One specific request: We could especially use photos of SmarTrip cards. This one from Mr. T in DC has gotten used many a time, but we try not to repeat more than necessary. There are a number on Flickr that aren't CC licensed. If you get any photos of your SmarTrip, please CC license them and/or post them to the pool. Thanks!
- BREAKING: Arlington cancels the Columbia Pike streetcar
- Transit projects are stuck between people who want to spend less money and people who want to spend more
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- Is sidewalk cycling really dangerous, or just scary, like a roller coaster?
- DC will force property owners to shovel sidewalks, with higher fines for bigger and commercial buildings
- The pop-up debate in Lanier Heights pits "property rights" against "neighborhood character"
- DDOT director Brown stands up to opposition to mini-circles