Floating in the Flickr pool
Here are a few of our favorites from the Greater and Lesser Washington Flickr pool this week.
Join the Flickr group and submit your own photos! Photos will ideally depict either great or not-so-great features of a part of the Washington, DC region, showing people, roads, parks, stores or buildings as beautiful and lively places filled with people, or unsightly or desolate places that could be greater.
One specific request: We could especially use photos of SmarTrip cards. This one from Mr. T in DC has gotten used many a time, but we try not to repeat more than necessary. There are a number on Flickr that aren't CC licensed. If you get any photos of your SmarTrip, please CC license them and/or post them to the pool. Thanks!
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- I-66 widening will happen soon whether it makes sense or not
- Modern Washingtonians have a mandate to remember black Georgetown
- Eckington is getting some much-needed retail
- How the Navy, baseball, and government planners made Capitol Riverfront one of DC's hottest neighborhoods
- DC once had its own Arc de Triomphe
- More than 20% of people bicycle to work in some DC neighborhoods
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 77