Floating in the Flickr pool
Here are a few of our favorites from the Greater and Lesser Washington Flickr pool this week.
Join the Flickr group and submit your own photos! Photos will ideally depict either great or not-so-great features of a part of the Washington, DC region, showing people, roads, parks, stores or buildings as beautiful and lively places filled with people, or unsightly or desolate places that could be greater.
One specific request: We could especially use photos of SmarTrip cards. This one from Mr. T in DC has gotten used many a time, but we try not to repeat more than necessary. There are a number on Flickr that aren't CC licensed. If you get any photos of your SmarTrip, please CC license them and/or post them to the pool. Thanks!
- The war on Dana Milbank's car
- Two maps that explain what DC might look like as a state
- Deregulate Uber, but require transparency
- Red paint keeps drivers out of San Francisco's bus lanes
- Computers will start driving Red Line trains again
- This traffic light convinced pedestrians to wait with dancing
- Have you been "walkblocked"? Are you "zonely"? New terms sprout in the urbanist lexicon