"There is not going to be a Quaker Oats Metro station"Councilmember Jim Graham (rightly) put to rest speculation that DC may rename the Navy Yard Metro station after the corporate sponsor who buys naming rights to the new ballpark. Meanwhile, New York announced plans to rename every station on the 4 and D trains after corporations with all the money going to the Yankees. OK, they didn't, but if Hank Steinbrenner were to hang out in New Jersey one day they might display just the sort of spinelessness we are spared (at least this time) on the DC Council.
- No bike racks? Just park it in the car lane
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 21
- Could traffic changes produce a new village square?
- This federal building is missing a corner. Here's why
- The biggest bikeshare station in each US city
- Why build protected bike lanes, in one happy quote
- How did Silver Spring get its boundaries? And how would you define them?
Wed Sep 3
12:00 pm DC PLUG proposal webinar
Sat Sep 6
(All day) CSG tour: Tysons-
Tue Sep 9
7:30 pm ACT meeting
Wed Sep 10
6:00 pm GGW Happy hour
6:00 pm CSG tour: Dunbar HS