I'm taking a vacation for the month of August.
It's been a while since I had some time off from the blog, and in the past, I've only taken a break for big trips like my honeymoon. In those cases, I also scrambled to get posts in ahead of time from myself and contributors to keep the blog going.
Larry Lessig would always take one month completely off from work, including not checking email. I'm not going to completely unplug from the blog or email. However, I'm going to set expectations that during that month, I probably won't reply to messages, probably won't attend meetings, and probably won't post.
The other contributors will keep up some amount of posting, but that's up to them. There might be some breakfast links on days some contributors have time to do them. If you want to suggest an article, please make sure to use the tip form so that it goes in the queue.
If there's something I really want to post, maybe I will. But maybe I won't. Maybe I'll do a little coding on some ideas I've had for useful tools, potentially using the new Metro open data. Or maybe not. I'll probably take care of some chores around the house. Maybe I'll go explore more of the region on foot or by bike. Greater Greater Wife and I will also be out of town at the beach for a week.
I'll be back after Labor Day, on Tuesday, September 7th.
I hope you will keep checking Greater Greater Washington and, in particular, resume your frequent reading in September. If you might forget to come back, sign up for the daily email or subscribe in an RSS reader.
- Metro proposes ending late-night service PERMANENTLY. That's a terrible idea.
- This may be DC's most ridiculous missing crosswalk
- Trump claims to want to save our cities, but his and his party's policies would do the opposite
- Is a gondola across the Potomac realistic? We're about to find out.
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 88
- Is Tim Kaine a good pick for urbanism? Here's what our writers think.
- Not everyone agrees on where DC's Chinatown is