I'm taking a vacation for the month of August.
It's been a while since I had some time off from the blog, and in the past, I've only taken a break for big trips like my honeymoon. In those cases, I also scrambled to get posts in ahead of time from myself and contributors to keep the blog going.
Larry Lessig would always take one month completely off from work, including not checking email. I'm not going to completely unplug from the blog or email. However, I'm going to set expectations that during that month, I probably won't reply to messages, probably won't attend meetings, and probably won't post.
The other contributors will keep up some amount of posting, but that's up to them. There might be some breakfast links on days some contributors have time to do them. If you want to suggest an article, please make sure to use the tip form so that it goes in the queue.
If there's something I really want to post, maybe I will. But maybe I won't. Maybe I'll do a little coding on some ideas I've had for useful tools, potentially using the new Metro open data. Or maybe not. I'll probably take care of some chores around the house. Maybe I'll go explore more of the region on foot or by bike. Greater Greater Wife and I will also be out of town at the beach for a week.
I'll be back after Labor Day, on Tuesday, September 7th.
I hope you will keep checking Greater Greater Washington and, in particular, resume your frequent reading in September. If you might forget to come back, sign up for the daily email or subscribe in an RSS reader.
- Beyond Metro, there's no big idea for transit in DC anymore
- Canceling the Purple Line would cost more than it would save
- Incomes are rising in the District, but not for people born here
- Maryland plans new station at BWI, and other projects to run more trains
- Coast Guard employees are using the Anacostia Metro station in a weird way
- DC has an awesome city flag. Here’s why that matters
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 52