China proposes car-straddling buses (or are they trains?)
Many, many people have sent in tips about this project in China to build huge buses the width of two car lanes, which can run on guideways straddling the road and travel above the cars:
But wouldn't it be easier just to dedicate a bus lane? Via the Huffington Post.
- Hogan stalls on the Purple Line, calls it too expensive
- Fairfax is getting 22 new bike lanes in 2015
- Ask GGW: What's the point of bike sharrows?
- CaBi's phone app could enlist riders to rebalance bikes
- Federal review pushes the Kennedy Center's new buildings to dry land
- The guy who invented the mall hated cars
- Mary Cheh's annual joke budget memo mocks the streetcar, endless transportation studies, and more