China proposes car-straddling buses (or are they trains?)
Many, many people have sent in tips about this project in China to build huge buses the width of two car lanes, which can run on guideways straddling the road and travel above the cars:
But wouldn't it be easier just to dedicate a bus lane? Via the Huffington Post.
- A trade pact might change local land use decisions in a big way
- Map: When and where Metrorail fares come from
- Metro's 7000 series cars carry their first passengers, in pictures
- Montgomery backtracks on a sprawl-inducing highway
- Why did the pedestrian bridge collapse affect Metro so far away from Greenbelt?
- The Silver Line might change how you bus to Wolf Trap
- Jobs are clustering in parts of the region, but the east is falling behind