China proposes car-straddling buses (or are they trains?)
Many, many people have sent in tips about this project in China to build huge buses the width of two car lanes, which can run on guideways straddling the road and travel above the cars:
But wouldn't it be easier just to dedicate a bus lane? Via the Huffington Post.
Update: Several commenters have also pointed out that, despite the Huffington Post headline, since this will run on rails it's really a train, not a bus.
- Car-free housing could come to historic Blagden Alley
- The neighborhood where everybody "jaywalks"
- All the buildings and races of DC, Arlington & Alexandria on one map
- Bills in the Virginia General Assembly would hurt and help transit and cyclists
- We need Metro, but it drives us crazy, too
- What's the best way to protect a bikeway? How about a bikeshare station?
- Koch-funded groups: Cut all federal funding for walking, biking, transit