Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- Hogan stalls on the Purple Line, calls it too expensive
- Ask GGW: What's the point of bike sharrows?
- "Expressing" trains helps Metro recover from delays
- CaBi's phone app could enlist riders to rebalance bikes
- Federal review pushes the Kennedy Center's new buildings to dry land
- Fairfax is getting 22 new bike lanes in 2015
- The guy who invented the mall hated cars