Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- In San Diego, an example of how "within walking distance" does not always mean "walkable"
- Rent in our region is expensive. Does that mean it's unaffordable?
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 91
- So you've got a friend in town and they're really into trains. Here's where to take them.
- This square in Philadelphia is everything DC's Franklin Square could be
- The Obama administration says zoning is at the heart of some huge economic problems
- How Barcelona gets bicycling right