Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- The Silver Line's opening day, in 41 photos
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 16
- The Metro plan has changed a lot since 1968
- Did Rush Plus depress Blue Line ridership?
- In White Oak, the region's east-west divide becomes an urban-suburban one
- Forget the Washington Monument; DC's tallest tower is actually in Ward 4
- Who needs Metro? Not (as often) Capital Bikeshare users in central neighborhoods