Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- New info about who rides a bike in DC will let us make the city even greater for cyclists
- Maryland's rural economy depends on its urban and suburban areas
- Farragut Square's virtual tunnel saves Metro riders time and eases crowding. Should downtown get another one?
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 33
- Out: "cycletrack." In: "protected bikeway."
- Metro's flooded stations, in pictures
- Amsterdam plays Spot the Christmas Streetcar