Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- More than 20% of people bicycle to work in some DC neighborhoods
- DC added record housing in 2015. That's slowing down price increases.
- Walkers were left out in the cold after the blizzard
- Nobody cleared the Mount Vernon Trail after Snowzilla. Future storms might be different.
- If students were cars, schools would have opened sooner
- Use this map to share your ideas for better east-west travel across DC
- Worldwide links: Cheap(ish) houses