Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- Metro proposes ending late-night service PERMANENTLY. That's a terrible idea.
- This may be DC's most ridiculous missing crosswalk
- DC's 43,766 acres: 25% "roads," 2% high-rises
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 88
- Trump claims to want to save our cities, but his and his party's policies would do the opposite
- Is Tim Kaine a good pick for urbanism? Here's what our writers think.
- Is a gondola across the Potomac realistic? We're about to find out.