Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- I can take the bus from my neighborhood to just about anywhere in DC
- 2.5 minutes of extra walking is not nothing
- Sidewalk snow shoveling hall of shame: "DC government is the worst offender" (and Arlington too)
- DC like Amsterdam? We can only hope
- Shovel your sidewalks!
- Media reports downplay the dangers of driving while sensationalizing everything else
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 40