Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 30
- "Road Code" bill will make Montgomery County's urban streets more ped and bike friendly
- To a pedestrian, a road's a tiny space with danger just beside
- Transit projects are stuck between people who want to spend less money and people who want to spend more
- WABA says an Arlington Boulevard trail is a good bet
- Montgomery throws more money at unneeded parking