Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- Vision Zero won't be easy
- The Purple Line will likely beat ridership forecasts
- Ask GGW: How much pain will riders face while Metro replaces the Bethesda escalators?
- For DC Council: Elissa Silverman and Robert White
- Gas is suddenly cheap(er); the reason is bigger than you think
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 26
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more