Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- When temporary becomes permanent: Why reopening the SE Freeway is risky
- 88% of new DC households are car-free
- Gehry trims Eisenhower Memorial tapestries
- WMATA truck parks on the sidewalk, crashes into a light pole
- Carol Schwartz bids to become the education mayor
- A traffic engineer and a planner both study a closed freeway segment. Their conclusions are wildly different.
- Four beautiful designs for an 11th Street Bridge park