Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- Chick-fil-A's proposed Van Ness drive-thru is denied
- 8 lessons about great transit I learned riding the Paris Métro
- Montgomery County isn't really waging war against suburbia
- National Links: From Florida to California
- Get to know all the buses in the Metrobus fleet
- 10 things my internship taught me about transportation in DC
- This rule scattered "parking craters" around DC, but they're steadily disappearing