Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- Beyond Metro, there's no big idea for transit in DC anymore
- Canceling the Purple Line would cost more than it would save
- Incomes are rising in the District, but not for people born here
- DC has an awesome city flag. Here’s why that matters
- Maryland plans new station at BWI, and other projects to run more trains
- Coast Guard employees are using the Anacostia Metro station in a weird way
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 52