Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- Not just a phase: Young Americans won’t start motoring like their parents
- Sharrows tell drivers to share the road with cyclists, except when that road is a state highway
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- Many Silver Line riders make a long trek from Metro's eastern branches
- Architects try to spruce up NoMA's underpasses
- Is Sheridan Station a sign of change east of the river, or more of the same?
- Intelsat building gets a greener, but not more urban front