Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- Shepherd Park neighbors tell car2go users to stay out
- The Metro plan has changed a lot since 1968
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 15
- Montgomery and DC officials start talking about working together on transit
- A sunken gas station sculpture sends the wrong message about the Anacostia River
- Forget the Washington Monument; DC's tallest tower is actually in Ward 4
- See 32 years of DC bike lane growth in one animation