Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- What's so great about the Purple Line, anyway?
- DC has almost no white residents without college degrees. (It's a different story for black residents.)
- And the MetroGreater winner is...
- Does DC want boring architecture? Sort of.
- An alien notion: 800,000 DC residents
- How much could you save with a Metro SelectPass? Use our updated calculator to find out!
- VRE's map keeps getting more diagrammatic