Mendelson, Ray and Brown debate our questions and others
Yesterday, News8/TBD held a TV debate between Councilmember Phil Mendelson (at-large) and his two challengers, Clark Ray and Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown (not at-large Councilmember Michael A. Brown, who's not up for reelection). They also invited me to ask two questions via Skype.
You can watch the debate on video below. My questions come at the beginning of the second and third segments. The first question concerns the streetcar program, one of the larger points of disagreement between Mendelson and Ray, and the second asked the candidates to talk about how to ensure housing opportunities for a wide range of incomes.
- Let's stand by the Silver Line
- DC Council postpones fixing an injustice to pedestrians and cyclists because Kenyan McDuffie's dog ate his homework
- What if Metro had stopped building in 1986?
- Nobody wants these school buses in their backyard. But moving them is worth it.
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 86
- Near National airport, the Mount Vernon Trail is new again
- N Street NW has new bike lanes