Afternoon links: More for schools
On a side note, Cincinnati Public Schools, once one of the worst systems in the state of Ohio recently received rankings making it the best urban system in the state. As a city with its own history of urban racial tensions, can DC learn something from the Queen City? (Cincinnati.com)
- Topic of the week: Banning cycling on sidewalks
- A new bill would ban cycling or Segway riding on DC sidewalks next to bike lanes
- No, DC is not abandoning plans for most streetcar lines
- The 11th Street Bridge Park gets a brilliant design. Will it succeed?
- What would you call Loudoun's Metro stations?
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more
- After more crashes, DDOT pledges to remove Arkansas Avenue's rush hour lane