Afternoon links: More for schools
On a side note, Cincinnati Public Schools, once one of the worst systems in the state of Ohio recently received rankings making it the best urban system in the state. As a city with its own history of urban racial tensions, can DC learn something from the Queen City? (Cincinnati.com)
- DC has almost no white residents without college degrees. (It's a different story for black residents.)
- I don't care what some people say: DC has great transportation options.
- The biggest beneficiaries of housing subsidies? The wealthy.
- Clearly we need to have more happy hours in Prince George's
- Metro badly needs culture change, everyone agrees. Can it pull it off?
- VRE's map keeps getting more diagrammatic
- How five local businesspeople would tackle gentrification on 14th Street