Boulevardize the SE/SW FreewayBallpark and Beyond brings up the on-again, off-again idea of replacing the Southeast-Southwest Freeway with a boulevard. Its hulking form makes people feel unsafe walking from the Capitol South Metro to the ballpark. A wide Virginia Avenue with timed lights wouldn't be so much worse for drivers and much better for everyone else.
- Many Silver Line riders have no way to safely reach their offices
- In White Oak, the region's east-west divide becomes an urban-suburban one
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 16
- The Silver Line's opening day, in 41 photos
- After a crash, a dangerous Four Corners intersection could become safer
- Who needs Metro? Not (as often) Capital Bikeshare users in central neighborhoods
- The Metro plan has changed a lot since 1968