Fenty and Gray debate parking
The Georgetown Dish posted a video yesterday of Adrian Fenty and Vincent Gray (and Leo Alexander) answering a parking question at a Friday debate.
From sonya bernhardt on Vimeo.
Both Fenty's and Gray's answers encompass their views on many transit issues, and both are very reassuring. Fenty defends the "science" of creating "turnover" in parking, and Gray defends "smart growth" and "transit-oriented development."
Editor's note: If you're completely sick of politics by now, the rest of the posts today (barring some unforeseen change) will be covering interesting urbanist topics unrelated to politics. So go vote early, then come back to talk about parks, road safety and more.
- Latest Metro map drafts add Anacostia parks and other tweaks
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Parklets give every block a little park