Use your phone to find CaBi
There's no need to memorize the Capital Bikeshare (CaBi) map if you already have a smart phone. Spotcycle, a free application for iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android phones, will show you the nearest CaBi station and how many bikes and docks are available.
Spotcycle was developed by 8D Technologies, the official partner of Montréal-based Bixi, the manufacturer of CaBi and other bikesharing systems around the world.
The application serves as a good example of integration of transportation system data with third-party applications. In removing some of the mystery behind locations and availability, this sort of integration enhances the utility of the transportation system to its users.
- Zoning: The hidden trillion dollar tax
- As DC has grown, so has its racial prosperity gap
- Scarred by urban renewal, Silver Spring's Lyttonsville neighborhood gets a second chance
- Pedestrian tunnels would not make DC's streets better for walking
- 8 ways to make it easier to walk around North Bethesda... or anywhere, really
- Adams Morgan could get more housing and preserve its plaza, too. But it probably won't.
- The Obama administration says zoning is at the heart of some huge economic problems