Use your phone to find CaBi
There's no need to memorize the Capital Bikeshare (CaBi) map if you already have a smart phone. Spotcycle, a free application for iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android phones, will show you the nearest CaBi station and how many bikes and docks are available.
Spotcycle was developed by 8D Technologies, the official partner of Montréal-based Bixi, the manufacturer of CaBi and other bikesharing systems around the world.
The application serves as a good example of integration of transportation system data with third-party applications. In removing some of the mystery behind locations and availability, this sort of integration enhances the utility of the transportation system to its users.
- The war on Dana Milbank's car
- David Catania's platform supports Metro, streetcars, bus lanes, bike lanes, transit-oriented development, and more
- Have you been "walkblocked"? Are you "zonely"? New terms sprout in the urbanist lexicon
- Two maps that explain what DC might look like as a state
- 88% of new DC households are car-free
- Gehry trims Eisenhower Memorial tapestries
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 23