Use your phone to find CaBi
There's no need to memorize the Capital Bikeshare (CaBi) map if you already have a smart phone. Spotcycle, a free application for iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android phones, will show you the nearest CaBi station and how many bikes and docks are available.
Spotcycle was developed by 8D Technologies, the official partner of Montréal-based Bixi, the manufacturer of CaBi and other bikesharing systems around the world.
The application serves as a good example of integration of transportation system data with third-party applications. In removing some of the mystery behind locations and availability, this sort of integration enhances the utility of the transportation system to its users.
- Hey look, that flawed Texas A&M traffic study is back and grabbing the usual headlines
- The lion's share of DC's new housing is only going in one part of the city
- A protected bikeway will soon come to C Street NE
- The Silver Line has been bringing Metro’s performance numbers down
- The Silver Spring Transit Center will open soon. Here's how everything fits together.
- Here are the answers to whichWMATA week 65
- New road designs make Tysons more inviting for people on bike and foot