Use your phone to find CaBi
There's no need to memorize the Capital Bikeshare (CaBi) map if you already have a smart phone. Spotcycle, a free application for iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android phones, will show you the nearest CaBi station and how many bikes and docks are available.
Spotcycle was developed by 8D Technologies, the official partner of Montréal-based Bixi, the manufacturer of CaBi and other bikesharing systems around the world.
The application serves as a good example of integration of transportation system data with third-party applications. In removing some of the mystery behind locations and availability, this sort of integration enhances the utility of the transportation system to its users.
- Vision Zero won't be easy
- For DC Council: Elissa Silverman and Robert White
- The Purple Line will likely beat ridership forecasts
- Ask GGW: How much pain will riders face while Metro replaces the Bethesda escalators?
- Gas is suddenly cheap(er); the reason is bigger than you think
- First flowerpots, and now, a cycletrack
- Flowerpots create a safer pedestrian crossing from Gallaudet to Union Market