Use your phone to find CaBi
There's no need to memorize the Capital Bikeshare (CaBi) map if you already have a smart phone. Spotcycle, a free application for iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android phones, will show you the nearest CaBi station and how many bikes and docks are available.
Spotcycle was developed by 8D Technologies, the official partner of Montréal-based Bixi, the manufacturer of CaBi and other bikesharing systems around the world.
The application serves as a good example of integration of transportation system data with third-party applications. In removing some of the mystery behind locations and availability, this sort of integration enhances the utility of the transportation system to its users.
- Consumers say they like trains. Why don't economists care?
- The Washington region is the world's 77th largest urban area
- Smarter growth will expand Prince George's tax base
- Topic of the week: Suburban retrofits in our region
- Montgomery backtracks on a sprawl-inducing highway
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 48
- NoMa's M Street underpass is turning into a park, of sorts