"Mosquito" gone from Gallery Place?
Reader Amin writes,
Not sure if this indicates a long-term change, but as I was taking the escalator down to the Metro today at 7th and H at Gallery Place, I heard classical music pumping through speakers. And over the last week or two, I haven't heard the "mosquito" in the evenings. Maybe the owners of Gallery Place have quietly listened to criticism and switched their anti-loitering tactics.Mayeb they listened to Jamie, Rich, Penn Quarter Urbanist, and JJJJ, all of whom suggested that. Have you noticed?
- Fairfax's answer to neighbors' transit plans: Light rail, streetcars, and BRT
- Today's problems were visible decades ago, but zoning has blocked solutions ever since
- Montgomery County added 100,000 residents since 2002, but driving didn't increase
- The DC zoning update has already had triple the public input as the enormous 1958 zoning code. Enough is enough.
- MARC's chief engineer wants to allow bikes on some weekend trains
- Federal board wants "dignified," dull Southwest Waterfront
- Downtown DC could have been more like L'Enfant Plaza
Thu Apr 24
Fri Apr 25
Sat Apr 26
10:00 am CSG tour: Historic Shaw
Tue Apr 29
Wed Apr 30
6:00 pm DC bus service forum
6:00 pm Make Your Mark happy hour