"Mosquito" gone from Gallery Place?
Reader Amin writes,
Not sure if this indicates a long-term change, but as I was taking the escalator down to the Metro today at 7th and H at Gallery Place, I heard classical music pumping through speakers. And over the last week or two, I haven't heard the "mosquito" in the evenings. Maybe the owners of Gallery Place have quietly listened to criticism and switched their anti-loitering tactics.Mayeb they listened to Jamie, Rich, Penn Quarter Urbanist, and JJJJ, all of whom suggested that. Have you noticed?
- A new bill would ban cycling or Segway riding on DC sidewalks next to bike lanes
- Topic of the week: Banning cycling on sidewalks
- After more crashes, DDOT pledges to remove Arkansas Avenue's rush hour lane
- Norfolk's light rail choice: Embrace the city, or follow the highway?
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- A new neighborhood rises east of the river. Is it a sign of change, or more of the same?
Wed Oct 22
4:00 pm SE/
SW streetcar public meeting
Fri Oct 24
9:00 am Urban agriculture symposium
Sat Oct 25
3:00 pm CSG tour: College Park
Mon Oct 27
5:30 pm Georgetown MUP speaker series
Tue Oct 28