"Mosquito" gone from Gallery Place?
Reader Amin writes,
Not sure if this indicates a long-term change, but as I was taking the escalator down to the Metro today at 7th and H at Gallery Place, I heard classical music pumping through speakers. And over the last week or two, I haven't heard the "mosquito" in the evenings. Maybe the owners of Gallery Place have quietly listened to criticism and switched their anti-loitering tactics.Mayeb they listened to Jamie, Rich, Penn Quarter Urbanist, and JJJJ, all of whom suggested that. Have you noticed?
- If the FBI moves to Greenbelt, here's what it will look like
- Many Silver Line riders have no way to safely reach their offices
- In White Oak, the region's east-west divide becomes an urban-suburban one
- Why is Tysons walkability and bikeability so bad?
- A greener Eastern Market plaza may be on the way
- The Silver Line's opening day, in 41 photos
- How big of a "moat" would the FBI need if it stayed downtown?
- Do Henderson's remarks at Stanton Elementary signal a more harmonious phase in DCPS-charter relations?
- DCPS and charters are sparring over joint planning, but the real question is how to preserve neighborhood schools
- DCPS and its teachers' union are at an impasse over extending the school day. Could this be a way out?