"Mosquito" gone from Gallery Place?
Reader Amin writes,
Not sure if this indicates a long-term change, but as I was taking the escalator down to the Metro today at 7th and H at Gallery Place, I heard classical music pumping through speakers. And over the last week or two, I haven't heard the "mosquito" in the evenings. Maybe the owners of Gallery Place have quietly listened to criticism and switched their anti-loitering tactics.Mayeb they listened to Jamie, Rich, Penn Quarter Urbanist, and JJJJ, all of whom suggested that. Have you noticed?
- Terrorism fear takes over security at the Library of Congress
- The Dutch government is trolling DC over marijuana, bike lanes, and streetcars
- 33% of Metro rail trips stay within one city or county. Where are they?
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 41
- How two families dealt with Metro problems and other transportation options in the snow
- In Chicago, you can charter your own L train
- Cities worldwide are building beautiful, landmark pedestrian and bicycle bridges. Could Georgetown be next?