"Mosquito" gone from Gallery Place?
Reader Amin writes,
Not sure if this indicates a long-term change, but as I was taking the escalator down to the Metro today at 7th and H at Gallery Place, I heard classical music pumping through speakers. And over the last week or two, I haven't heard the "mosquito" in the evenings. Maybe the owners of Gallery Place have quietly listened to criticism and switched their anti-loitering tactics.Mayeb they listened to Jamie, Rich, Penn Quarter Urbanist, and JJJJ, all of whom suggested that. Have you noticed?
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- DC added record housing in 2015. That's slowing down price increases.
- Nobody cleared the Mount Vernon Trail after Snowzilla. Future storms might be different.
- Baltimore's problem is sprawl, not a bad economy
- Use this map to share your ideas for better east-west travel across DC
- If students were cars, schools would have opened sooner
- DC is testing a way to curb stormwater pollution
- There's a "Washington" neighborhood in Milan, Italy