Some cities reduce traffic camera safety for profitStudies have questioned whether red-light cameras increase safety, arguing that they cause motorists to stop too quickly. One thing's for sure: if the city deliberately makes the yellow light extra short to catch motorists and raise revenue, that definitely hurts safety. And it turns out some cities did just that. Via BoingBoing.
- Latest Metro map drafts add Anacostia parks and other tweaks
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Parklets give every block a little park
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools