Weekend video: DC and Arlington shine at Rail~Volution
Rail~Volution, America's premier conference on rail transit, just finished up its 2010 session in Portland, Oregon. Our own Matt Johnson attended this year's event and informed us of DDOT's video on new non-automobile transportation projects in the Washington area.
Bikesharing, streetcars, and the Silver Line illustrate investment that makes the Washington region a leader in transportation planning and modal diversity. DC will host next year's Rail~Volution and though the streetcars won't be ready, attendees will no doubt admire America's second most-used subway system.
- No bike racks? Just park it in the car lane
- This federal building is missing a corner. Here's why
- The biggest bikeshare station in each US city
- Could traffic changes produce a new village square?
- How did Silver Spring get its boundaries? And how would you define them?
- Reassign students before improving school quality, not the other way around
- Why build protected bike lanes, in one happy quote