Weekend video: DC and Arlington shine at Rail~Volution
Rail~Volution, America's premier conference on rail transit, just finished up its 2010 session in Portland, Oregon. Our own Matt Johnson attended this year's event and informed us of DDOT's video on new non-automobile transportation projects in the Washington area.
Bikesharing, streetcars, and the Silver Line illustrate investment that makes the Washington region a leader in transportation planning and modal diversity. DC will host next year's Rail~Volution and though the streetcars won't be ready, attendees will no doubt admire America's second most-used subway system.
- DC has almost no white residents without college degrees. (It's a different story for black residents.)
- What's so great about the Purple Line, anyway?
- I don't care what some people say: DC has great transportation options.
- The biggest beneficiaries of housing subsidies? The wealthy.
- Clearly we need to have more happy hours in Prince George's
- Metro badly needs culture change, everyone agrees. Can it pull it off?
- Does DC want boring architecture? Sort of.