Weekend video: DC and Arlington shine at Rail~Volution
Rail~Volution, America's premier conference on rail transit, just finished up its 2010 session in Portland, Oregon. Our own Matt Johnson attended this year's event and informed us of DDOT's video on new non-automobile transportation projects in the Washington area.
Bikesharing, streetcars, and the Silver Line illustrate investment that makes the Washington region a leader in transportation planning and modal diversity. DC will host next year's Rail~Volution and though the streetcars won't be ready, attendees will no doubt admire America's second most-used subway system.
- Congress gives itself more free parking than its own rules allow
- Montgomery throws more money at unneeded parking
- "Road Code" bill will make Montgomery County's urban streets more ped and bike friendly
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 30
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- ART keeps graduating to bigger and bigger buses
- To a pedestrian, a road's a tiny space with danger just beside