Weekend video: DC and Arlington shine at Rail~Volution
Rail~Volution, America's premier conference on rail transit, just finished up its 2010 session in Portland, Oregon. Our own Matt Johnson attended this year's event and informed us of DDOT's video on new non-automobile transportation projects in the Washington area.
Bikesharing, streetcars, and the Silver Line illustrate investment that makes the Washington region a leader in transportation planning and modal diversity. DC will host next year's Rail~Volution and though the streetcars won't be ready, attendees will no doubt admire America's second most-used subway system.
- DC is on the verge of ditching a harmful traffic law
- What are your ideas to make Metro greater?
- Ask GGWash: Why did the Cleveland Park Metro station flood?
- Express trains wouldn't be of much help to Metro riders
- A big development in Woodley Park may spark DC's next housing battle
- Capital Bikeshare members ride here, bike lanes or not
- ❤ Georgia Avenue's new red-surface bus lanes