Weekend video: DC and Arlington shine at Rail~Volution
Rail~Volution, America's premier conference on rail transit, just finished up its 2010 session in Portland, Oregon. Our own Matt Johnson attended this year's event and informed us of DDOT's video on new non-automobile transportation projects in the Washington area.
Bikesharing, streetcars, and the Silver Line illustrate investment that makes the Washington region a leader in transportation planning and modal diversity. DC will host next year's Rail~Volution and though the streetcars won't be ready, attendees will no doubt admire America's second most-used subway system.
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 61
- Help us rebrand and relaunch our website with a short survey
- Metro's inefficient info displays worsen crowding
- Prince George's County could move its government closer to more residents
- What we hope to do on housing
- Lousiana Avenue could get a protected bikeway
- This map shows which parts of the DC area are really "urban" and "suburban"