Weekend video: DC and Arlington shine at Rail~Volution
Rail~Volution, America's premier conference on rail transit, just finished up its 2010 session in Portland, Oregon. Our own Matt Johnson attended this year's event and informed us of DDOT's video on new non-automobile transportation projects in the Washington area.
Bikesharing, streetcars, and the Silver Line illustrate investment that makes the Washington region a leader in transportation planning and modal diversity. DC will host next year's Rail~Volution and though the streetcars won't be ready, attendees will no doubt admire America's second most-used subway system.
- It wouldn't cost much to make this Prince George's road safer for everyone
- Tax benefit changes and better options are hurting transit ridership
- A bikeable suburban highway? One Ohio town pulled it off
- Cities Skylines takes over SimCity's mantle as top city-builder
- Northern Virginia has $350 million to spend on transportation. Here's what officials want to build
- Backward and forward in the Flickr pool
- Check out these historic airline maps of Washington's airports