Enjoy better URLs, list of active posts
You might notice a few minor changes on Greater Greater Washington. Last night, we switched over to a new version of the code which includes a few visible improvements and a number of others under the hood.
Active posts: Sometimes posts are generating a lot of discussion but have moved farther down the main page. Unless they are featured in the boxes at the top of the home page, you might not know they were generating such activity. There is now a "Most Active Posts" section on the right sidebar that will show the posts that have the greatest recent comment activity.
Better URLs: The URL for an individual post now contains the title of the post. All old URLs will still work and redirect to the new URLs, so no incoming links should be broken as a result. Also, authors' URLs are substantially shorter; you can access any author's page by simply going to http://greatergreaterwashington/authorusername/.
Compressed links posts: When a links post is not at the top, it will now show 3 links followed by a "Read more..." to avoid taking up too much space.
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- Transit projects are stuck between people who want to spend less money and people who want to spend more
- BREAKING: Arlington cancels the Columbia Pike streetcar
- The pop-up debate in Lanier Heights pits "property rights" against "neighborhood character"
- WABA says an Arlington Boulevard trail is a good bet
- To a pedestrian, a road's a tiny space with danger just beside
- A bike-ped trail is in the works for New York Ave NE