Tweaked Rosslyn station on Metro 2030 mapJim Hamre of WMATA pointed out that Metro's current thinking on the separate Blue Line is that it would have to run one block west of the current Rosslyn station, to a new set of platforms connected by an underground walkway. I had hoped that the new tracks could pass right next to the old ones enabling a cross-platform transfer (after all, Rosslyn already has the two tracks on separate levels), but it appears this is not the case. I've updated the Metro 2030 map to reflect this station configuration.
- Topic of the week: Banning cycling on sidewalks
- A new bill would ban cycling or Segway riding on DC sidewalks next to bike lanes
- No, DC is not abandoning plans for most streetcar lines
- The 11th Street Bridge Park gets a brilliant design. Will it succeed?
- What would you call Loudoun's Metro stations?
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more
- A move to strengthen affordable housing runs into political obstacles
Sat Oct 25
10:00 am Le Tour d’Alexandria Library
3:00 pm CSG tour: College Park
Mon Oct 27
5:30 pm Georgetown MUP speaker series
Tue Oct 28