White House has a "secret" CaBi station
There is one Capital Bikeshare station that doesn't show up on the online map: the White House station.
Located just inside the gate on State Place at 17th St, NW the station can only be used by those who can actually get inside the White House's security perimeter. And it's for that reason, not national security, that it doesn't show up on the map. DDOT doesn't want users making plans based on that station and then finding they can't get to it.
According to DDOT the station, which only has 9 docks, does get used by daily commuters.
Cross-posted at TheWashCycle.
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- DC added record housing in 2015. That's slowing down price increases.
- Baltimore's problem is sprawl, not a bad economy
- Nobody cleared the Mount Vernon Trail after Snowzilla. Future storms might be different.
- Use this map to share your ideas for better east-west travel across DC
- DC is testing a way to curb stormwater pollution
- If students were cars, schools would have opened sooner
- There's a "Washington" neighborhood in Milan, Italy