White House has a "secret" CaBi station
There is one Capital Bikeshare station that doesn't show up on the online map: the White House station.
Located just inside the gate on State Place at 17th St, NW the station can only be used by those who can actually get inside the White House's security perimeter. And it's for that reason, not national security, that it doesn't show up on the map. DDOT doesn't want users making plans based on that station and then finding they can't get to it.
According to DDOT the station, which only has 9 docks, does get used by daily commuters.
- Metro doesn't have four tracks. That's not why maintenance is a problem.
- If Metro had been more like Southwest Airlines, it'd have saved a lot of headaches
- 10 big ideas for making Arlington even more bike-friendly
- Montgomery County will build bus rapid transit in four years
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 84
- To make streets walkable, empower pedestrians to cross anywhere
- Building of the Week: Smithsonian American Art Museum and Kogod Courtyard