White House has a "secret" CaBi station
There is one Capital Bikeshare station that doesn't show up on the online map: the White House station.
Located just inside the gate on State Place at 17th St, NW the station can only be used by those who can actually get inside the White House's security perimeter. And it's for that reason, not national security, that it doesn't show up on the map. DDOT doesn't want users making plans based on that station and then finding they can't get to it.
According to DDOT the station, which only has 9 docks, does get used by daily commuters.
- This building is way too short
- Petworth residents complained drivers are speeding. DC says it's true, but "acceptable."
- Chicago has examples of a cheap way to bring rail transit to more people: infill stations
- Here's where a protected bikeway could go on the east side of downtown
- Metro wants to connect Farragut North and West with a tunnel
- A dedicated bus lane and 30 other ways to improve bus service on 16th Street
- NTSB recommends the federal government take over safety oversight of Metro