White House has a "secret" CaBi station
There is one Capital Bikeshare station that doesn't show up on the online map: the White House station.
Located just inside the gate on State Place at 17th St, NW the station can only be used by those who can actually get inside the White House's security perimeter. And it's for that reason, not national security, that it doesn't show up on the map. DDOT doesn't want users making plans based on that station and then finding they can't get to it.
According to DDOT the station, which only has 9 docks, does get used by daily commuters.
- 9 things people always say at zoning hearings, illustrated by cats
- The Northeast Corridor carries more rail passengers than anywhere else in the country. What could it look like in 2040?
- The National Zoo has clarified its safety concerns. Turns out you're the problem.
- Montgomery will go ahead with BRT, but at what cost?
- WMATA's new general manager is listening before he even takes the reins
- What if Montgomery County gave BRT a temporary test run?
- Zig zag road stripes can get drivers to pay more attention