White House has a "secret" CaBi station
There is one Capital Bikeshare station that doesn't show up on the online map: the White House station.
Located just inside the gate on State Place at 17th St, NW the station can only be used by those who can actually get inside the White House's security perimeter. And it's for that reason, not national security, that it doesn't show up on the map. DDOT doesn't want users making plans based on that station and then finding they can't get to it.
According to DDOT the station, which only has 9 docks, does get used by daily commuters.
- Cities Skylines takes over SimCity's mantle as top city-builder
- Tax benefit changes and better options are hurting transit ridership
- A bikeable suburban highway? One Ohio town pulled it off
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 44
- WMATA needs to do better, says DC transportation head
- Here's where Metro railcars go after they die
- Northern Virginia has $350 million to spend on transportation. Here's what officials want to build