White House has a "secret" CaBi station
There is one Capital Bikeshare station that doesn't show up on the online map: the White House station.
Located just inside the gate on State Place at 17th St, NW the station can only be used by those who can actually get inside the White House's security perimeter. And it's for that reason, not national security, that it doesn't show up on the map. DDOT doesn't want users making plans based on that station and then finding they can't get to it.
According to DDOT the station, which only has 9 docks, does get used by daily commuters.
- Here's how DCís inclusionary zoning program works
- Some Metro trains are running more slowly than usual these days. Here's why.
- Copenhagen proves bikes can work in the suburbs
- Van Ness residents say their neighborhood isn't safe for walking
- Hey look, that flawed Texas A&M traffic study is back and grabbing the usual headlines
- Businesses no longer want office parks, and that can mean more revenue for cities
- The Silver Spring Transit Center will open soon. Here's how everything fits together.