White House has a "secret" CaBi station
There is one Capital Bikeshare station that doesn't show up on the online map: the White House station.
Located just inside the gate on State Place at 17th St, NW the station can only be used by those who can actually get inside the White House's security perimeter. And it's for that reason, not national security, that it doesn't show up on the map. DDOT doesn't want users making plans based on that station and then finding they can't get to it.
According to DDOT the station, which only has 9 docks, does get used by daily commuters.
- Metro's inefficient info displays worsen crowding
- This map shows which parts of the DC area are really "urban" and "suburban"
- Muriel Bowser predicts DC holds 800,000 people in 20 years. That requires a lot of new housing.
- Neighborhood commission catches "height-itis" on a Dupont Circle church and condo project
- Finally, the stop signs residents pushed for... along with some startling news
- Here are the answers to whichWMATA week 60
- What's behind the low standardized test scores in one high-priced DC neighborhood