White House has a "secret" CaBi station
There is one Capital Bikeshare station that doesn't show up on the online map: the White House station.
Located just inside the gate on State Place at 17th St, NW the station can only be used by those who can actually get inside the White House's security perimeter. And it's for that reason, not national security, that it doesn't show up on the map. DDOT doesn't want users making plans based on that station and then finding they can't get to it.
According to DDOT the station, which only has 9 docks, does get used by daily commuters.
- Not just a phase: Young Americans won’t start motoring like their parents
- Many Silver Line riders make a long trek from Metro's eastern branches
- Sharrows tell drivers to share the road with cyclists, except when that road is a state highway
- Architects try to spruce up NoMA's underpasses
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- Intelsat building gets a greener, but not more urban front
- Where DC area bike fatalities happen, in one map... and what's the real "intersection of doom"