White House has a "secret" CaBi station
There is one Capital Bikeshare station that doesn't show up on the online map: the White House station.
Located just inside the gate on State Place at 17th St, NW the station can only be used by those who can actually get inside the White House's security perimeter. And it's for that reason, not national security, that it doesn't show up on the map. DDOT doesn't want users making plans based on that station and then finding they can't get to it.
According to DDOT the station, which only has 9 docks, does get used by daily commuters.
Cross-posted at TheWashCycle.
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- I-66 widening will happen soon whether it makes sense or not
- Modern Washingtonians have a mandate to remember black Georgetown
- More than 20% of people bicycle to work in some DC neighborhoods
- How the Navy, baseball, and government planners made Capitol Riverfront one of DC's hottest neighborhoods
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 77
- Muriel Bowser announces eight sites for homeless shelters
- Walkers were left out in the cold after the blizzard