White House has a "secret" CaBi station
There is one Capital Bikeshare station that doesn't show up on the online map: the White House station.
Located just inside the gate on State Place at 17th St, NW the station can only be used by those who can actually get inside the White House's security perimeter. And it's for that reason, not national security, that it doesn't show up on the map. DDOT doesn't want users making plans based on that station and then finding they can't get to it.
According to DDOT the station, which only has 9 docks, does get used by daily commuters.
- Beyond Metro, there's no big idea for transit in DC anymore
- Yes, it's worth looking into a gondola in DC
- Canceling the Purple Line would cost more than it would save
- Incomes are rising in the District, but not for people born here
- DC has an awesome city flag. Here’s why that matters
- Maryland plans new station at BWI, and other projects to run more trains
- Coast Guard employees are using the Anacostia Metro station in a weird way