White House has a "secret" CaBi station
There is one Capital Bikeshare station that doesn't show up on the online map: the White House station.
Located just inside the gate on State Place at 17th St, NW the station can only be used by those who can actually get inside the White House's security perimeter. And it's for that reason, not national security, that it doesn't show up on the map. DDOT doesn't want users making plans based on that station and then finding they can't get to it.
According to DDOT the station, which only has 9 docks, does get used by daily commuters.
- Metro proposes ending late-night service PERMANENTLY. That's a terrible idea.
- DC's 43,766 acres: 25% "roads," 2% high-rises
- This may be DC's most ridiculous missing crosswalk
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 88
- An 1886 plan would have built atop Rock Creek
- Trump claims to want to save our cities, but his and his party's policies would do the opposite
- Is Tim Kaine a good pick for urbanism? Here's what our writers think.