White House has a "secret" CaBi station
There is one Capital Bikeshare station that doesn't show up on the online map: the White House station.
Located just inside the gate on State Place at 17th St, NW the station can only be used by those who can actually get inside the White House's security perimeter. And it's for that reason, not national security, that it doesn't show up on the map. DDOT doesn't want users making plans based on that station and then finding they can't get to it.
According to DDOT the station, which only has 9 docks, does get used by daily commuters.
- WMATA is considering scrapping the Metroway BRT
- Is our next president going to care about transit and street safety?
- Here's why it'd be wrong to shut down Metro east of the Anacostia River
- Metro's plan for late-night bus service isn't much of a plan
- Without more information, riders shouldn't accept Metro late night cuts
- Marriott is moving its headquarters to downtown Bethesda so it can be in a denser place that's closer to transit
- Ten little cities near DC with awesome urbanism