A conversation with a traffic engineer
A number of people have sent this hilarious xtranormal video where a traditional traffic engineer tries to explain a street "improvement" project to a resident of a nice, safe neighborhood street.
It seems to be based on the recent Confessions of a Recovering Engineer, also from Strong Towns.
Lest you think this is gross parody, I had a conversation very similar to the first few exchanges in this video with a project manager in DDOT's IPMA about how much to round the corner of 18th and S, NW, and I've heard public statements that eerily resemble other parts from leaders of the Montgomery County DOT.
- Make space for bikes on the GW Parkway
- Montgomery County isn't really waging war against suburbia
- Careful jaywalking saves lives
- Going Dutch: Planners from the Netherlands make suggestions for bike lanes in DC
- Chick-fil-A's proposed Van Ness drive-thru is denied
- What will become of D Street once the FBI moves?
- College Park is launching a bikeshare system!