A conversation with a traffic engineer
A number of people have sent this hilarious xtranormal video where a traditional traffic engineer tries to explain a street "improvement" project to a resident of a nice, safe neighborhood street.
It seems to be based on the recent Confessions of a Recovering Engineer, also from Strong Towns.
Lest you think this is gross parody, I had a conversation very similar to the first few exchanges in this video with a project manager in DDOT's IPMA about how much to round the corner of 18th and S, NW, and I've heard public statements that eerily resemble other parts from leaders of the Montgomery County DOT.
- Hey look, that flawed Texas A&M traffic study is back and grabbing the usual headlines
- The lion's share of DC's new housing is only going in one part of the city
- A protected bikeway will soon come to C Street NE
- The Silver Spring Transit Center will open soon. Here's how everything fits together.
- The Silver Line has been bringing Metro’s performance numbers down
- Here are the answers to whichWMATA week 65
- Some are questioning whether all students should be on a college prep track