Then and Now: New Hampshire and Rock Creek Church Rd.
The northwest corner of New Hampshire Avenue and Rock Creek Church Road, NW, ca. 1927 (left), and today (right). Historic image from the Historical Society of Washington, DC.
The houses located on the west side of New Hampshire Avenue from 3600 to 3612 were built by Joseph J. Moebs. Construction began in 1909. Upon purchasing the land from Ernest Steiger for $7,800, some speculated that Moebs would erect an apartment house instead of residences. This view shows the row from the southeast, at the intersection of New Hampshire and Rock Creek Church Road.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future