Join GGW, Gabe Klein and others next Tuesday for a holiday bike ride and happy hour
On Tuesday, December 21, join your fellow sustainable transportation enthusiasts, Greater Greater Washington contributors, WABA staff including their Bike Ambassador, and DDOT officials including Gabe Klein for a holiday bike ride and happy hour.
We'll be meeting at the Reeves Center, on the corner of 14th and U, at 5 pm to get started. From there, we'll bike to Dupont Circle, downtown for the Downtown BID Holiday Market, and then back up to 14th and U (via the 15th Street bike lane, of course!)
For bike riders, feel free to deck out your bike or your person with lights, wreaths, ribbons or other festive trimmings. Candles are not recommended. And don't forget to dress warmly!
Gabe Klein will be wearing a Santa suit, and we'll make some caroling stops along the way. Also, DDOT will be collecting winter coats, socks, gloves, hats and other winter clothing for a clothing drive at Reeves. Please arrive early to drop off items so the drive organizers have a chance to collect everything and get it back inside before the ride.
Please obey all traffic laws. If a stoplight means the group gets split up, you'll easily be able to catch up quickly or at the holiday market or Marvin.
Don't have a bike? You can grab a CaBi bike at the Reeves Center station and renew your 30 minutes by depositing and re-checking it along the way.
- Metro proposes ending late-night service PERMANENTLY. That's a terrible idea.
- This may be DC's most ridiculous missing crosswalk
- Trump claims to want to save our cities, but his and his party's policies would do the opposite
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 88
- Is a gondola across the Potomac realistic? We're about to find out.
- Is Tim Kaine a good pick for urbanism? Here's what our writers think.
- Not everyone agrees on where DC's Chinatown is