DC breaks 600,000
The official Census data is out, and the District's official 2010 population is 601,723. DC grew 5.2% from 2000's total of 572,059. It's the first decade of growth since 1950.
The Census is releasing state and national totals today to determine Congressional apportionment. As expected, DC's total entitles it to zero voting representatives in Congress, a gain of zero from 2000.
- Why the left is wrong about affordable housing
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 41
- Terrorism fear takes over security at the Library of Congress
- What makes a city attractive? Here's how to know for sure
- 33% of Metro rail trips stay within one city or county. Where are they?
- Ask GGW: What are the best urban planning and policy books?
- These maps show when and where riders use the Silver Line