DC breaks 600,000
The official Census data is out, and the District's official 2010 population is 601,723. DC grew 5.2% from 2000's total of 572,059. It's the first decade of growth since 1950.
The Census is releasing state and national totals today to determine Congressional apportionment. As expected, DC's total entitles it to zero voting representatives in Congress, a gain of zero from 2000.
- A new bill would ban cycling or Segway riding on DC sidewalks next to bike lanes
- After more crashes, DDOT pledges to remove Arkansas Avenue's rush hour lane
- Norfolk's light rail choice: Embrace the city, or follow the highway?
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- Is Sheridan Station a sign of change east of the river, or more of the same?
- Not just a phase: Young Americans won’t start motoring like their parents
- Here's what will (hopefully) happen in DC transportation over the next two years