DC breaks 600,000
The official Census data is out, and the District's official 2010 population is 601,723. DC grew 5.2% from 2000's total of 572,059. It's the first decade of growth since 1950.
The Census is releasing state and national totals today to determine Congressional apportionment. As expected, DC's total entitles it to zero voting representatives in Congress, a gain of zero from 2000.
- WMATA is considering scrapping the Metroway BRT
- Is our next president going to care about transit and street safety?
- Here's why it'd be wrong to shut down Metro east of the Anacostia River
- Metro's plan for late-night bus service isn't much of a plan
- Without more information, riders shouldn't accept Metro late night cuts
- Metro is proposing service cuts, again. Will riders ever see the benefits?
- Marriott is moving its headquarters to downtown Bethesda so it can be in a denser place that's closer to transit