DC breaks 600,000
The official Census data is out, and the District's official 2010 population is 601,723. DC grew 5.2% from 2000's total of 572,059. It's the first decade of growth since 1950.
The Census is releasing state and national totals today to determine Congressional apportionment. As expected, DC's total entitles it to zero voting representatives in Congress, a gain of zero from 2000.
- This building is way too short
- Five bus lines everyone in DC should know, love, and use
- DC Council chairman Phil Mendelson is blocking Mayor Bowser's zoning board nominee
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 70
- Capital Bikeshare will add 99 DC stations over 3 years. Your neighborhood will probably benefit.
- Chicago has examples of a cheap way to bring rail transit to more people: infill stations
- Here's where a protected bikeway could go on the east side of downtown