DC breaks 600,000
The official Census data is out, and the District's official 2010 population is 601,723. DC grew 5.2% from 2000's total of 572,059. It's the first decade of growth since 1950.
The Census is releasing state and national totals today to determine Congressional apportionment. As expected, DC's total entitles it to zero voting representatives in Congress, a gain of zero from 2000.
- Computers will start driving Red Line trains again
- Muriel Bowser calls for "Vision Zero," more equity, Metro investment, and new task forces for transportation
- Two maps that explain what DC might look like as a state
- Deregulate Uber, but require transparency
- The war on Dana Milbank's car
- DC sells valuable land, but loses interest in using it to create affordable housing
- Red paint keeps drivers out of San Francisco's bus lanes