DC breaks 600,000
The official Census data is out, and the District's official 2010 population is 601,723. DC grew 5.2% from 2000's total of 572,059. It's the first decade of growth since 1950.
The Census is releasing state and national totals today to determine Congressional apportionment. As expected, DC's total entitles it to zero voting representatives in Congress, a gain of zero from 2000.
- Beyond Metro, there's no big idea for transit in DC anymore
- Maryland plans new station at BWI, and other projects to run more trains
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 52
- Incomes are rising in the District, but not for people born here
- To create safer bike routes, Alexandria can learn from other cities
- Can DCPS stem the middle school exodus?
- "Expressing" trains helps Metro recover from delays