Happy hour, bike ride tonight
If you're still in town, stop by tonight for Greater Greater Washington's holiday happy hour. And if you're free earlier, join the celebratory bike ride with Gabe Klein and DDOT and WABA staff beforehand.
The happy hour is at Marvin, 2007 14th Street NW. It doesn't have a big sign, just a smaller one on the door, but don't let that fool you. We'll be upstairs starting at 6:30 or 7.
And before that, the bike ride will leave at 5:30 pm from the Reeves Center. There are CaBis available for those who need them, and DDOT will collect winter clothes for Martha's Table. Make sure to wear some of your own warm clothes for the ride as well, of course!
We'll be riding down U to 17th Street, past the businesses on 17th and along the new bike lane, then over to 15th and that cycle track to the Pennsylvania Avenue one which now extends all the way to 15th. We'll get to the Downtown Holiday Market around 5:45 or 6, where you're free to join the group. We'll carol, shop, and drink cider, then head back up via 14th Street starting around 6:15.
Hope to see you at the happy hour and/or on the ride!
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future